Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage Post 302392462 by navin7386 on Thursday 4th of February 2010 12:45:35 PM
Old 02-04-2010
AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage

Could one of you help me?

Thanks!
Roy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kollam68
1 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollam68
3 Replies

3. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

4. AIX

Memory usage on AIX

How to check the memory usage on AIX by various processes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX memory usage always high

hi, I want to ask , my AIX 6.1 is always used about 97% memory. Is this normal ? or any command can free up memory like Linux ? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virusxx
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage(Physical) in one Word? Suse Linux.

Experts, I have been trying to figure out what is the total physical memory used from this output: And what is the free memory available for the application or any programs. The answer has to be in this format: 1. Physical Memory Used= xx.xx% 2. Physical Memry available= yy.yy% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. AIX

Memory usage in AIX server

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the performance, MEMORY/ Virtual Memory (paging /swap space) Please see the nmon-MEMORY stats from my AIX LPAR. 24 GB --> RAM 3456 MB --> Paging Space │ Memory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── │... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

9. AIX

AIX swap space, physical memory & cache

Hi, I am new to AIX, Can someone please help me how to know the swap space, total physical memory and system cache? We are using AIX 5.3. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX memory usage by processes

Hi, i have 2 identical web servers using AIX. I use nmon analyser to check their performance. The server A exceeds 20% memory usage for system, 5% for cache and the rest 75% for processes. While, it uses 4% of Paging Space. The server B exceeds 20% for system, 45% for cache and 35% for processes.... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: dim
24 Replies
TABS(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TABS(1)

NAME
tabs -- set terminal tabs SYNOPSIS
tabs [-n|-a|-a2|-c|-c2|-c3|-f|-p|-s|-u] [+m[n]] [-T type] tabs [-T type] [+[n]] n1[,n2,...] DESCRIPTION
The tabs utility displays a series of characters that first clears the hardware terminal tab settings and then initializes the tab stops at the specified positions and optionally adjusts the margin. The phrase "tab-stop position N" means that, from the start of a line of output, tabbing to position N shall cause the next character output to be in the (N+1)th column on that line. The following options are supported: -n Specifies repetitive tab stops separated by a uniform number of columns, n, where n is a single digit decimal number. The default usage of tabs with no arguments is equivalent to tabs -8. When -0 is used, the tab stops are cleared and no new ones set. -a Assembler, applicable to some mainframes. Equivalent to tabs 1,10,16,36,72 . -a2 Assembler, applicable to some mainframes. Equivalent to tabs 1,10,16,40,72 -c COBOL, normal format. Equivalent to tabs 1,8,12,16,20,55 -c2 COBOL, compact format (columns 1 to 6 omitted). Equivalent to tabs 1,6,10,14,49 -c3 COBOL, compact format (columns 1 to 6 omitted), with more tabs than -c2. Equivalent to tabs 1,6,10,14,18,22,26,30,34,38,42,46,50,54,58,62,67 -f FORTRAN. Equivalent to tabs 1,7,11,15,19,23 -p PL/1. Equivalent to tabs 1,5,9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37,41,45,49,53,57,61 -s SNOBOL. Equivalent to tabs 1,10,55 -T type Indicates the type of terminal. -u Assembler, applicable to some mainframes. Equivalent to tabs 1,12,20,44 EXIT STATUS
The tabs utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT
The COLUMNS and TERM environment variables affect the execution of tabs as described in environ(7). The -T option overrides TERM. If neither TERM nor the -T option are present, tabs will fail. SEE ALSO
expand(1), stty(1), tput(1), unexpand(1), termcap(5) STANDARDS
The tabs utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A tabs utility first appeared in PWB UNIX. This implementation was introduced in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Roy Marples <roy@NetBSD.org> BUGS
The current termcap(5) database does not define the set left soft margin 'ML' capability for any terminals. BSD
December 9, 2008 BSD