Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call expect script from Perl Post 302392430 by cxbest on Thursday 4th of February 2010 12:34:25 PM
Old 02-04-2010
How to call expect script from Perl

I have a Perl script sub.pl, and i want to call another Expect script called sub.exp. The sub.exp will generate a text file called sub.txt, while the sub.pl called from a html form will display the content of sub.txt to the textarea on the html form. How do I call sub.exp from sub.pl???

<<sub.pl>>

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

system('sub.exp');

print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
print "<html>\n";
print "<head><title></title></head>\n";
print "<body>\n";
print "<textarea name='sub' cols=30 rows=4>\n";
open(INFO, "sub.txt");
@array=<INFO>;
close (INFO);
chomp(@array);

foreach $line (@array){
#($last,$first)=split(/\|/,$line);
print "$line\n";
}
print "</textarea>\n";
print "</body>\n";
print "</html>\n";

---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:41 AM ----------

Anybody help?

---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:34 PM ----------

Anybody help?

Last edited by pludi; 02-04-2010 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can call perl script as command?

Hello say i have written some perl scripts , now i like to call them in my unix shell as unix command like "more" , "ls" , "grep" so that my say perl script called "foo.pl" will be called from every where as "foo" or "foo arg1 arg2"? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wget call in a Perl script

I've got to do a wget call in a Perl Script. I am basically doing migration of a shell script which was previously doing it. The code in the sh file was as follows. wget -nv -o /tmp/wget.run.log -t 5 -w 10 http://windows-server/myapp/1try.asp?myparam=no This wget command is executing an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Expect script in Perl...

I call a EXPECT script from my perl script with machine IP and a FIle. The script logins to the machine and exports the value. The values to be exported or stored in a file. I have close to 10 machines and I have created 10 files and pass the corresponding files in command line, Now I could like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkriz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a bash script using perl

Hi I m new to perl. I m trying to write a perl script that calls a bash script; does anyone have a script already that they can provide or help me out? Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adnan786
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

on HTML form, Call Expect in Perl problem

Hi I have a successfullly run perl script (by issuing command "perl sub.pl" under shell mode) and this sub.pl will call sub.exp successfully. The sub.exp expect script is basically to login to a server and run some commands and put the output into a sub.txt file, it takes about 5 seconds to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cxbest
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call .profile in perl script

Hello Gurus Can anyone please let me know how to call .profle file in perl script When I am calling the .profile file its giving error Shall I create unix script which has .profile command and call perl script internally (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling expect from shell script which inturn call python

Hi Team, I have to execute a task from my local machine, where i keep my .expect,.sh, .bash and .python scripts .Task are coded in the script and has to be executed at remote machine. for that i used following task ..... SCRIPT 1: cat shell_check.sh read value if then expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivarajan N
3 Replies
Test::Expect(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Expect(3pm)

NAME
Test::Expect - Automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs SYNOPSIS
# in a t/*.t file: use Test::Expect; use Test::More tests => 13; expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); DESCRIPTION
Test::Expect is a module for automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs. It is handy for testing interactive programs which have a prompt, and is based on the same concepts as the Tcl Expect tool. As in Expect::Simple, the Expect object is made available for tweaking. Test::Expect is intended for use in a test script. SUBROUTINES
expect_run The expect_run subroutine sets up Test::Expect. You must pass in the interactive program to run, what the prompt of the program is, and which command quits the program: expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect The expect subroutine is the catch all subroutine. You pass in the command, the expected output of the subroutine and an optional comment. expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send The expect_send subroutine sends a command to the program. You pass in the command and an optional comment. expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is The expect_is subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's is. It has an optional comment: expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like The expect_like subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's like. It has an optional comment: expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); expect_handle This returns the Expect object. expect_quit Closes the Expect handle. SEE ALSO
Expect, Expect::Simple. AUTHOR
Leon Brocard, "<acme@astray.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-12 Test::Expect(3pm)