Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configure Tomcat to syslog
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Configure Tomcat to syslog Post 302392383 by fpmurphy on Thursday 4th of February 2010 08:51:18 AM
Old 02-04-2010
Please show us the contents of your log4j.properties file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tomcat configuration

i want to use jsp and servlets on my fedora core 6 system.So,I want to run tomcat.i dont how to configure tomcat in linux. the command:service tomcat5 start is working but http://localhost/8180 or http://localhost:8080 are not working plzzzz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preeti chouhan
1 Replies

2. AIX

Is Tomcat 4.1.24 supported on AIX 5.3 TL 7?

I am trying to upgrade JDK to 1.5 on AIX 5.3 TL 02, but get an error to upgrade AIX to TL 07. Tomcat 4.1.24 is installed. Just wondering if the the AIX upgrade to TL 07 will have any effect to Tomcat? Help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to start tomcat with 2 jdk?

Current platform: Sun OS 5.9 Solaris isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications Problem: Fail to start tomcat server ps -ef | grep tomcat nothing displays... Steps: Installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30 Installed jdk 1.6 and set path in profile... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbox
11 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

how to configure ssl for tomcat 6

Hi, my server is running a tomcat servlet container. yesterday a bought a ssl-certificate from geotrust.com. i got a private-key file and a cert-file (PKCS10). i followed the instructions on Apache Tomcat 6.0 - SSL Configuration HOW-TO first, i created a keystore: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcW
0 Replies

5. Solaris

tomcat installation

hi.. i need to install tomcat on my solaris 10 x86 OS.. can u please guide me .. i know that tomcat is already present in solaris 10 x86.. tell me how to enable it.. tel me as soon as possible.. i tried but its throwing me the following error.. The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
5 Replies

6. Linux

How to send from Tomcat log (catelina.out) to Syslog?

Dear All:) We want to send log message from Tomcat Log to Syslog. So we have configured as follows: Our environment: Tomcat 5.5 with CentOS 5.6 Final version (32Bit) log4j.properties file location: /usr/share/tomcat5/common/classes log4j-1.2.16.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple instance in tomcat

I need to install a tomcat6 with multiple instances like instance1,instance2 and instance3 in a server. I came to know that for that we need to install tomcat6,apache2.0,mod_jk1.2 and jre with tools.jar installed.And we need to create multiple instances with same web.xml and difference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxslonik
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Tomcat installation

Hi Friends, I have a upgrade task of tomcat from 5.5.20 to latest 7.0.32 stable release on solaris 10 sparc 64 bit.. Is tomcat package same for solaris 10 x86 and sparc 64bit..?? Can we upgrade directly from 5 to 7? Please help me.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani4u
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Tomcat..Unable to deploy application remotely in tomcat

Hi, We have upgrade tomcat from 5.0.20 to 7.0.33 and made changes to server.xml file according to newer version.. how ever the upgrade went fine and now i am unable to deploy application remotely.. it is giving 403 access denied error.. we have seperate appbase directory mentioned in server.xml..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
0 Replies

10. Linux

How to push Tomcat logs to remote syslog server?

I found a script for automatically push tomcat logs to syslog server which is locate in same server. How do I change it to push logs to remote server? log4j.rootLogger=INFO, WARN, console, file, SYSLOG log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.append=true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heshandh
2 Replies
Config::PropertyConfigurator(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Config::PropertyConfigurator(3pm)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator - reads properties file SYNOPSIS
# This class is used internally by Log::Log4perl use Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator; my $conf = Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator->new(); $conf->file("l4p.conf"); $conf->parse(); # will die() on error my $value = $conf->value("log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.filename"); if(defined $value) { printf("The appender's file name is $value "); } else { printf("The appender's file name is not defined. "); } DESCRIPTION
Initializes log4perl from a properties file, stuff like log4j.category.a.b.c.d = WARN, A1 log4j.category.a.b = INFO, A1 It also understands variable substitution, the following configuration is equivalent to the previous one: settings = WARN, A1 log4j.category.a.b.c.d = ${settings} log4j.category.a.b = INFO, A1 SEE ALSO
Log::Log4perl::Config Log::Log4perl::Config::BaseConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::DOMConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::LDAPConfigurator (tbd!) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-07-21 Config::PropertyConfigurator(3pm)