Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help me to figure out the logic for this problem Post 302392379 by tonijel on Thursday 4th of February 2010 08:43:14 AM
Old 02-04-2010
Please help me to figure out the logic for this problem

Hello,
i am on 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp
i have directory named /home , and in there i have directory 2009_10_10
and two files : 2009_10_10.log and 2009_10_11.log
How to write shell script which will delete only file/s that don't have his/their 'parent' directory, so in this case , only 2009_10_11.log would be deleted ?
Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if logic

Hi there, In my shell program I have two if statements the first one checks that the date in yyyymm format is equal to a date from the parameter file in yyyymm format, and that the file and sends an appropiate email The second one checks that the date in yyyymm format is equal to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if then else logic with while loop problem

Hi Friends, I have to do write a shell file based on one flag.If that flag value is 'N' then process look in $DATA are and the normal process continue.If vaule is 'P' then it check for the files in different location $CONV and move those file in $DATA area and rest of the process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk if logic problem

nawk '{ fmt="%3s %22s %48s %35s %21s\n"; if ($3==$6 && $1=="STOPLOSS") { tpy="Successful Match"; jnme=$1; sts="File will be loaded"; cntrl=$3; audit=$6; printf (fmt, tpy,jnme,sts,cntrl,audit) >> "'${AUDIT_DATA_FILE}/${AUDIT36}'" }else if ($3!=$6 && $1=="STOPLOSS") { tpy="Mis-Match ";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wawa
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)