Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error when calling sybase stored proc from shell script Post 302392357 by clx on Thursday 4th of February 2010 07:03:09 AM
Old 02-04-2010
what is the output of the proc when you execute it on the sybase prompt?
if possible, post the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling stored procedure from shell script.

Hi All, This is a very starnge problem I am having. I have a shell script that calls a stored procedure. Here's my code in shell script: sqlplus "userid/pwd" @file.sql and file.sql has the following statement: exec my_storedProc; Now, when I execute my shell script, nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyamurthy2005
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling stored procedure from shell script

HI, I have a similar problem to thread 18264, only I couldn't get it to work. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18264 I have a stored procedure which is called by a shell script program. When I run the stored procedure alone or through the shell script, it works fine with output text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorisw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Shell Script from Within a Sybase Stored Proc

Greetings, I need to make an open server call to a shell script from inside a Sybase Stored procedure. Coul any one please provide a sample code? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpreetsidhu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling Shell script Error

Hi All, I need to call a script in another server(Say B).So I logged in my local Machine(say A)using putty and given these command ssh root@hostname cd home\oracle sh script.sh. This is working perfectly.But when I have those command in a shell script and placed in my local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle stored procedure from ksh script

Friends, I'm newbie with ksh so wanting some help.... 1. I'm trying to call oracle stored procedure from ksh script by taking variable value from runtime, feed into script and execute procedure. 2. Put name1 and name2 value from script run replacing $3 & $4 I'm trying to put name1 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Calling Sybase Stored proc from UNIX Shellscript.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and Sybase database i need a help that i try to execute a SYBASE stored procedure from a Unix shell script and wanna write the output of the SP into a Text File, somehow i tried to find a solution but when i try to run the script i am not getting the output file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun619
1 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Calling a Sybase Stored procedure from a UNIX Script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and Sybase database i need a help that i try to execute a SYBASE stored procedure from a Unix shell script and wanna write the output of the SP into a Text File.somehow i try to find a solution but whwn i try to run the script i am not getting the output file with... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase Stored Proc call from UNIX script.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and Sybase database i need a help that i try to execute a SYBASE stored procedure from a Unix shell script and wanna write the output of the SP into a Text File.somehow i try to find a solution but whwn i try to run the script i am not getting the output file with... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
UPDATE(7)							   SQL Commands 							 UPDATE(7)

NAME
UPDATE - update rows of a table SYNOPSIS
UPDATE [ ONLY ] table SET col = expression [, ...] [ FROM fromlist ] [ WHERE condition ] INPUTS table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing table. If ONLY is specified, only that table is updated. If ONLY is not speci- fied, the table and all its descendant tables (if any) are updated. * can be appended to the table name to indicate that descendant tables are to be scanned, but in the current version, this is the default behavior. (In releases before 7.1, ONLY was the default behavior.) The default can be altered by changing the SQL_INHERITANCE configuration option. column The name of a column in table. expression A valid expression or value to assign to column. fromlist A PostgreSQL non-standard extension to allow columns from other tables to appear in the WHERE condition. condition Refer to the SELECT statement for a further description of the WHERE clause. OUTPUTS UPDATE # Message returned if successful. The # means the number of rows updated. If # is 0 no rows are updated. DESCRIPTION
UPDATE changes the values of the columns specified for all rows which satisfy condition. Only the columns to be modified need appear as columns in the statement. Array references use the same syntax found in SELECT [select(7)]. That is, either single array elements, a range of array elements or the entire array may be replaced with a single query. You must have write access to the table in order to modify it, as well as read access to any table whose values are mentioned in the WHERE condition. By default UPDATE will update tuples in the table specified and all its sub-tables. If you wish to only update the specific table men- tioned, you should use the ONLY clause. USAGE
Change word Drama with Dramatic on column kind: UPDATE films SET kind = 'Dramatic' WHERE kind = 'Drama'; SELECT * FROM films WHERE kind = 'Dramatic' OR kind = 'Drama'; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+---------------+-----+------------+----------+------- BL101 | The Third Man | 101 | 1949-12-23 | Dramatic | 01:44 P_302 | Becket | 103 | 1964-02-03 | Dramatic | 02:28 M_401 | War and Peace | 104 | 1967-02-12 | Dramatic | 05:57 T_601 | Yojimbo | 106 | 1961-06-16 | Dramatic | 01:50 DA101 | Das Boot | 110 | 1981-11-11 | Dramatic | 02:29 COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 defines a different syntax for the positioned UPDATE statement: UPDATE table SET column = expression [, ...] WHERE CURRENT OF cursor where cursor identifies an open cursor. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 UPDATE(7)