Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp var for filename with spaces Post 302392139 by gio001 on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 12:06:05 PM
Old 02-03-2010
Yes I tried double quotes, too, no luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo for var, padded with spaces

While concatenating 2 values, one which expanded to fixed width & other not, I am not getting value expanded as fixed width. Following is script for the same : #!/bin/sh var1="abc" var2="def" var1Fxd=`echo $var1 | awk '{printf("%-6s",$0)}'` echo $var1Fxd""$var2 But, if I try - echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file using sh with spaces in filename

Hi I am trouble parsing through a file with spaces in the filename. I need to grab "supportIDPS/SCM/windows_install/file groups/dds.fgl" and then do a md5sum on it. I am using sh. Any help is appreciated. Here is an example of the input file: 7eedbc9f7902bf4c1878d9e571addf9a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jekl5
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files with spaces in the filename

Hi I am having difficulty copying files from one dir to another due to a space in the names of the file with an extension .rtf There are a group of files and the command am using is cp `ls -rt /wlblive/home/whiops/ops/RTFs/*.rtf|head -20` /wlblive/home/jamshed Since the files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with spaces in filename

I have a text file containing files in a directory structure i.e. /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_aug03 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/comb8121sep02n /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_feb04_ons /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/corpsick_jun06 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/jcpjoiners200507... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces within Filename

Hello, I have a Folder (myfile) which contain the following files: P$12789865KR +N+01+OM+16102009165416.nu P$M1-508962GD +N+01+ALP+14102009094417.nu Is there a sed command(s) that will loop through this folder and remove the spaces that exists in the filename? Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fishn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running var (with spaces) as command

I seem to be fighting bash's shell expansions.. I set this variable: CMD="export MVAR=\"1 2 3\"" if I try to run it, it is clear the shell is parsing along the spaces of the contents of MYVAR: > $CMD + export 'MYVAR="1' 2 '3"' + MYVAR='"1' -bash: export: `2': not a valid identifier... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filename

Hello I canīt find an answer to my problem. I am trying to tar some files with spaces #!/bin/sh files="/var/installer/server Config /var/installer/client user /var/installer/Svenskt Language /var/installer/GUI user Plugin /var/installer/Firefox Plugin" tar -czvf /tmp/files.tar.gz... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lusen
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with spaces in filename

I have written a script to run ddrescue on a list of files. #!/bin/bash # # A script to rescue data recursively using ddrescue. srcDir=/damaged/hdd/movies/ #the source directory desDir=/new/hdd/movies/ #the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colsinc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces in filename

Hi team, Here's a requirement for me. Here are the list of files i have in a unix directory. W 2 A D_2014.csv W 3 A D_2014.csv W 4 A D_2014.csv /home/kmani00-> uname -a AIX sliyyvxx 1 6 00F613E54C00 /home/kmani00-> The file names has to be without spaces as follows. W2AD_2014.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with filename spaces in Perl

The following command to replace text in place in multiple files in a directory is tripping up on filename spaces (Windows environment). I really don't know Perl. find '\\server\directory' | xargs perl -pi -e 's/textA/textB/g'Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies
Pango::Matrix(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Pango::Matrix(3pm)

NAME
Pango::Matrix - A structure specifying a transformation between user-space coordinates and device coordinates HIERARCHY
Glib::Boxed +----Pango::Matrix METHODS
matrix = Pango::Matrix->new ($xx=1., $xy=0., $yx=0., $yy=1., $x0=0., $y0=0.) o $xx (double) o $xy (double) o $yx (double) o $yy (double) o $x0 (double) o $y0 (double) $matrix->concat ($new_matrix) o $new_matrix (Pango::Matrix) $matrix->rotate ($degrees) o $degrees (double) $matrix->scale ($scale_x, $scale_y) o $scale_x (double) o $scale_y (double) (dx, dy) = $matrix->transform_distance ($dx, $dy) o $dx (double) o $dy (double) Since: pango 1.16 array reference = $matrix->transform_pixel_rectangle ($rect) o $rect (array reference) Since: pango 1.16 (x, y) = $matrix->transform_point ($x, $y) o $x (double) o $y (double) Since: pango 1.16 array reference = $matrix->transform_rectangle ($rect) o $rect (array reference) Since: pango 1.16 $matrix->translate ($tx, $ty) o $tx (double) o $ty (double) double = $matrix->x0 ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->xx ($new=0) o $new (double) double = $matrix->xy ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->y0 ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->yx ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->yy ($new) o $new (double) SEE ALSO
Pango, Glib::Boxed COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Pango for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Pango::Matrix(3pm)