Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cronjob for recognizing changes and/or new files in specific directory Post 302392106 by Sebi0815 on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 10:56:45 AM
Old 02-03-2010
Ahhhh,

that should work. I didn't know rsync, but found a good tutorial... Thanks for your support...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating object files in a specific directory

hello, i have a makefile in which i am specifying the option for creating the object files of the source files. The option which i am using is this : gcc -c main.c first.c by default these object files are created in the same directory in which the makefile is present. what option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files in specific directory

i have a directory "ABC" with lots of old files and sub directories in it. the issue now is i want to delete away files which are older than 15 days in "ABC" without deleting the files in the sub directories and without deleting the sub directory. i tried using find command but it will drill down... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
2 Replies

3. Solaris

List all files that contain a specific directory

I need to list all files and subdirectories that contain "oradata". For example, I have several files in several different directories that contain "oradata". I.e. /u07/oradata/1.dbf /u09/unix/whatever/oradata/2.xxx That is, whatever file on the system that contains a directory called... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sat510
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting specific lines from all files in a directory

I have a directory full of text data files. Unfortunately I need to get rid of the 7th and 8th line from them all so that I can input them into a GIS application. I've used an awk script to do one at a time but due to the sheer number of files I need some kind of loop mechanism to automate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a specific files in a many directory

Dear All, Appreciate some help here. I have a log of report. It located in several directory as below: Directory: mysscpr1 mysscpr2 mysscpr3 my_scnpr4 In the directory it contain hundred of files. i need to find a specific files that contain 'invc2345' in the directory. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: selamba_warrior
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting files into a specific directory

Hello, I am trying to do the following; bzcat data.in.bz2 | split -l 1000000 -d this work great, except that once the files have been split, they are not in the directory I want them to be in. So I then have to move them, at times this can get hairy. Is there anyway to specify where the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search all the files in a directory for a specific string

Hi Guys, I want to search the content of all the files (of a particular type like .txt) in a directory for a specific string pattern. Can anyone help me? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a directory without specific files?

Hi I need to copy a huge directory with thousands of files onto another directory but without *.WMV files (and without *.wmv - perhaps we need to use *.). Pls advise how can I do that. Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync - Mirror a repository path via Rsync SYNOPSIS
Use svnnotify in post-commit: svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" --handler Mirror::Rsync --to "/path/to/local/htdocs" [--svn-binary /full/path/to/svn] --rsync-host remote_server [--rsync-delete=[yes|no]] [--rsync-dest "/path/on/remote/server"] [--rsync-args arg1 [--rsync-args arg2...]] [[--rsync-ssh] [--ssh-user remote_user] [--ssh-identity /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa]] or better yet, use SVN::Notify::Config for a more sophisticated setup: #!/usr/bin/perl -MSVN::Notify::Config=$0 --- #YAML:1.0 '': PATH: "/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" 'path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/www/htdocs" 'some/other/path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/local/www/htdocs" rsync-host: "remote_host" rsync-dest: "/path/on/remote/www/htdocs" ssh-user: "remote_user" ssh-identity: "/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa" DESCRIPTION
Keep a directory in sync with a portion of a Subversion repository. Typically used to keep a development web server in sync with the changes made to the repository. This directory can either be on the same box as the repository itself, or it can be remote (via SSH connection). USAGE
Depending on whether the target is a "Local Mirror" or a Remote Mirror, there are different options available. All options are available either as a commandline option to svnnotify or as a hash key in SVN::Notify::Config (see their respective documentation for more details). Working Copy on Local host Because 'svn export' is not able to be consistently updated, the local rsync'd directory must be a full working copy. The remote server will only contain the ordinary files (no Subversion admin files). The files in the working copy must be writeable (preferrably owned) by the user identity executing the hook script (this is the user identity that is running Apache or svnserve respectively). Local Mirror Please see " SVN::Notify::Mirror " for details. Remote Mirror Used for directories not located on the same machine as the repository itself. Typically, this might be a production web server located in a DMZ, so special consideration must be paid to security concerns. In particular, the remote mirror server may not be able to directly access the repository box. o rsync-host This value is required and must be the hostname or IP address of the remote host (where the mirror directories reside). o rsync-delete The default mode of operation is to delete remote files which are not present in the local working copy. NOTE: this will delete any unversioned files in the remote directory tree. Unless you have all of your files under version control, you should pass the "--no-rsync-delete" or "--rsync-delete no" option. o rsync-dest This optional value specifies the path to update on the remote host. If you do not specify this value, the same path as passed in as the "--to" parameter will be used (this may not be what you meant to do). o rsync-args This optional parameter can be used to pass additional commandline options to the rsync command. You can use this multiple times in order to pass multiple options. The default args are "--archive --compress". See the "rsync-ssh" options for using SSH instead of RSH (rather than pass those commands via "--rsync-args" o rsync-ssh This optional parameter signals that you wish to use SSH instead of whatever the default remote shell program is configured in your copy of rsync. You may need to set one or more of the "ssh-*" parameters as well. o ssh-user If the remote user is different than the local user executing the postcommit script, you can specify it with this parameter. You would often use this in conjunction with the next parameter. o ssh-identity This value may be optional and should be the full path to the local identity file being used to authenticate with the remote host. If you are setting the ssh-user to be something other than the local user name, you will typically also have to set the ssh-identity. AUTHOR
John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2008 John Peacock This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Config, SVN::Notify::Mirror perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)