Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grepping string from out file Post 302392098 by raghunsi on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 10:34:26 AM
Old 02-03-2010
Grepping string from out file

Guys ..

Need to pull this highlighted strings irrespective of line numbers & should be echoed . But these strings are from Outfile from different dir. In which way this can be grepped ?? Need an idea

Code:
http-timeout 120 seconds
 persistent-timeout 180 seconds
 host-rewriting on
 silence-warning off
 compression off
 include-response-type-encoding off
 always-show-errors off
 disallow-get off
[Services](config http Firewall)# [Services](config http Firewall)#  admin-state enabled
 ip-address LocalIP
 summary admin-state
 priority normal
 port 9091
 http-timeout 120 seconds
 persistent-timeout 180 seconds
 host-rewriting on
 silence-warning off
 compression off
 include-response-type-encoding off
 always-show-errors off
 disallow-get off
 disallow-empty-reply off
 persistent-connections on
 client-address X-Client-IP
 httpproxy-port 800
 version HTTP/1.1 HTTP/1.1
 chunked-uploads off
  monitor-processing-policy terminate-at-first-throttle
 debug-mode off
 debug-history 25
 type loopback-proxy
 attachment-byte-count 2000000000 bytes
 attachment-package-byte-count 0 bytes
 external-references forbid
[Services](config http Firewall)# [Services](config)# Overwrite previously saved configuration? [y/n]: Configuration saved successfully.
[Services](config)# [Services]# Goodbye

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping the first 3 characters from a file

Hi I was wondering if it's possible to use a command to get the first 3 characters of a line in a text file, I tried grep but it returns the whole line but I am only interested in the first 3 characters. Is this possible with grep or I need any other command? Also is it possible deleting from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping the first 3 characters from a file

give this a try and let me know if it works grep '^' filename rachael (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping log file

Dear All, I have a log file that is dislpayed as: <msg time='2009-10-14T05:46:42.580+00:00' org_id='oracle' comp_id='tnslsnr' type='UNKNOWN' level='16' host_id='mtdb_a' host_addr='UNKNOWN' version='1'> <txt>14-OCT-2009 05:46:42 *... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-plicit78
19 Replies

4. AIX

Help with looping a file and grepping a string

I have 2 files: fileA and fileB. content of fileA --------------- admin.teacher is in new york; admin.mason is in new york; admin.driver is in new york city; user.trucker is in hartford; admin.developer is in new york state; content of fileB ---------------- admin.teacher is in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowprofile
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file and returning passed variable if the value does not exist in file at all.

I have a list of fields that I want to check a file for, returning that field if it not found at all in the file. Is there a way to do a grep -lc and return the passed variable too rather then just the count? I am doing some crappy work-around now but I was not sure how to regrep this for :0 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: personalt
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping multiple matches in a single string

Hi All, I'm trying to grep for 3 patterns in a string of gibberish. It so happens that each line is appended by a date/time stamp and i was able to figure out how to extract only the datetime. here is the string.. i have to display tinker tailor soldier spy Please can some help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display file date after grepping a string in the file

Hi All, I need to recursively grep several folders for a MAC address and display the results with the date of the file name at the start. Even better would be if the final results were displayed chronologically so the newest file is always at the end. Oldest at the top, regardless of what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: quemalr
8 Replies

8. AIX

Grepping before and after lines for required string

Hi All, I am new to AIX unix . i need to grep for a pattern and if pattern is found then i need 3 before the pattern line found and 3 lines after the pattern found. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolvibh
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping the logs with respect to string search

Hi Folks, I have a log file at the following location.. /opt/ert/abc.log Now abc.log contain the following enteries in this format below.. 23-Jul-2014 10:09.32.204 ERROR abc.log cdfrer tyre fgty >>>>> cqno : 78539132 abc Id : 0 Sabc : 20140724 Now in log file (abc.log) I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun343466
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
IBUS-DAEMON(1)							   User Commands						    IBUS-DAEMON(1)

NAME
ibus-daemon - daemon program for ibus SYNOPSIS
ibus-daemon [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
IBus is an Intelligent Input Bus. It is a new input framework for Linux OS. It provides full featured and user friendly input method user interface. It also may help developers to develop input method easily. ibus-daemon is a daemon program for ibus and it is also a start up program for users to activate ibus daemon, engines and panel. Help Options: -h, --help Show help options Application Options: -d, --daemonize run ibus as background process. -s, --single do not execute panel and config module. -x, --xim execute ibus XIM server. -n, --desktop=name specify the name of desktop session. [default=gnome] -p, --panel=cmdline specify the cmdline of panel program. -c, --config=cmdline specify the cmdline of config program. -a, --address=address specify the address of ibus daemon. -r, --replace if there is an old ibus-daemon is running, it will be replaced. -t, --cache=mode [default is auto] force to re-scan components, and re-create registry cache. auto, refresh, none is available. -o, --timeout=timeout [default is 2000] dbus reply timeout in milliseconds. -j, --monitor-timeout=timeout [default is 0] timeout of poll changes of engines in seconds. 0 to disable it. -m, --mem-profile enable memory profile, send SIGUSR2 to print out the memory profile. -v, --verbose verbose. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at http://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/list SEE ALSO
ibus(1) 1.5.3 April 2010 IBUS-DAEMON(1)