Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Duplicate Line Report per Section Post 302392056 by petersf on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 08:46:38 AM
Old 02-03-2010
Yes - Thanks for the explanation. It does help to know what I'm putting in the script. Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find a section line of a file

hi, I have a 20 line file. I need a command which will brinf back a specific line based upon the line number I enter. e.g. the file looks like this and is called file1 jim is a man john is a woman james is a man wendy is a woman lesley is a woman i want a command that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to duplicate a section of a file....

hello all, I have a file like this: section 1 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 blah2 section 3 blah1 blah2 and I want to use sed to duplicate section 2, like this: section 1 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick26
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove certain section from the line

A typical line looks like this... ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin AUTO_INCREMENT=129 COMMENT='Compiled E-Mails';I want to remove DEFAULT CHARSET= and COLLATE= after resetting AUTO_INCREMENT=0 I do not want to change the engine and comment. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retreive certain section of the line

Hi I am using "grep" command to get certain pattern out of the file: PNUM=34 $ grep -w "#${PNUM}" myfile #34 * 2297 * 410 * 964 * * 4352 $ Is there a way to retrieve the section of the above output without #34 so the output would look like this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicate Lines per Section

Hello, I am in need of removing duplicate lines from within a file per section. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5 593.5000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Placing Duplicate Lines per section into another file

Hello, I need help in putting duplicate lines within a section into another file. Here is what I'm struggling with: Using this file “data.txt”: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the first n line in each section

Hi, i have a file like this: ... 11111111 22222222 33333333 # 4444444 5555555 6666666 7777777 # ... i want just print the 2 first line between each section (each section is separated with "#"). so desired output would be like this: ... 11111111 22222222 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change file section into each line?

Hi Gurus, I have below file which has different sections, need to move the sections to beginning of the each record. original file aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff output file. aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
6 Replies
make_combined_log.pl(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   make_combined_log.pl(1)

NAME
make_combined_log.pl - make combined logfile from SQL database SYNOPSIS
make_combined_log.pl <days> <virtual host> DESCRIPTION
This perl script extracts the httpd access data from a MySQL database and formats it properly for parsing by 3rd-party log analysis tools. The script is intended to be run out by cron. Its commandline arguments tell it how many days' worth of access records to extract, and which virtual_host you are interested in (because many people log several virthosts to one MySQL db.) This permits you to run it daily, weekly, every 9 days -- whatever you decide. NOTE
By "days" I mean "chunks of 24 hours prior to the moment this script is run." So if you run it at 4:34 p.m. on the 12th, it will go back through 4:34 p.m. on the 11th. KNOWN ISSUES
Because GET and POST are not discriminated in the MySQL log, we'll just assume that all requests are GETs. This should have negligible effect on any analysis software. This could be remedied IF you stored the full HTTP request in your database instead of just the URI, but that's going to cost you a LOT of space really quickly... Because this is somewhat of a quick hack it doesn't do the most robust error checking in the world. Run it by hand to confirm your usage before putting it in crontab. AUTHOR
Edward Rudd <eddie@omegaware.com> MAN PAGE CREATED BY
Michael A. Toth <lirul.lists@gmail.com> - based on comments of script COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man (1) by the same author. Manuals User make_combined_log.pl(1)