Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mirror the root disk
Operating Systems Solaris Mirror the root disk Post 302391947 by incredible on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 02:11:53 AM
Old 02-03-2010
yes, dump device is the swap space
#eeprom boot-device?="disk disk1"

Btw, is your 2 disks of the same size? Did you get any errors when you did prtvtoc? Why aren't the disks of the same type? Just noticed that..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX Disk Mirror

Being somewhat extremely new to Unix, I have just had a system crash One of my Volume Groups has crashed However, this Volume Group is actually mirrored How do I switch to use the mirrored copy? Any assistance greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk suite to mirror both d0 and d2

I have 2 drives on a sun solaris 8 server that is a live server. I am putting in an additional 2 drives and want to mirror the the first 2. I was thinking of using disksuite but one drive is the root drive with 1 maybe 2 free paritions. The other is only one partition (36G). I was wondering... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why need to mirror disk if we had backups ?

hi.. newbie here, just wonder why there is a need for mirroring in some servers whereby we already had backups by cron jobs ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Root Mirror is broken

Hi all, Root mirror is broken under veritas control. so could you please help me how to boot the system now step by step procedure. i really thankful to all. regards krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OBP - root / mirror disk syntax

Hi all Can someone explain to me the different syntax regarding how root / mirror disks are represented. I never truely understand the namely / device tress etc. Let me give you an example. On one my my servers, the root and mirror drives are :- A domain on a sunfire 6800 :- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
6 Replies

6. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to detach root mirror pool?

I have to do patching in single user mode in solaris 10 zfs root pool. Before that I have to detach the root mirror pool so that if patching fails then I can boot from detached root mirror pool. Please let me know how can I detach root pool bash-3.2# zpool status pool: rpool state: ONLINE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Mirror root disk - V490

Got a V490 with one existing root disk. Other disk slot was never populated. Want to ensure we've got disk mirroring. Currently vfstab mounts the physical disk - no mirroring set up. Whats best way to achieve this without losing current disk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
vxvmboot(1M)															      vxvmboot(1M)

NAME
vxvmboot - prepare Veritas Volume Manager volume as a root, boot, primary swap or dump volume SYNOPSIS
/sbin/vxvmboot [-b|-d|-r|-s] [-v] -o offset -l length rawpath /sbin/vxvmboot -v rawpath /sbin/vxvmboot -c DESCRIPTION
The vxvmboot command updates information in the LABEL file for the lif disk specified by the pathname of its character (raw) device node, rawpath. The volume at the specified offset and length becomes the boot, root, primary swap or dump volume when the system is next booted. This command is normally invoked by the vxbootsetup utility. OPTIONS
-b Specifies the volume type as a boot volume with name standvol. -c Is used to update the /stand/rootconf file with the offset and length of the rootvol. The usage is slightly different when the -c argument is used. The rawpath argument is not used with this invocation. Instead the path of the boot device is extracted from the /stand/bootconf file. Also, the -o and -l arguments are not used to specify the offset and length. Instead, the offset and length of the rootvol are obtained from the LIF LABEL file on the boot device. The -c option would normally be used in the sbin/ioinitrc script to update the /stand/rootconf file, when the boot disk is VxVM rootable. -d Specifies the volume type as a dump volume with name dumpvol. If a dumpvol volume exists on the specified disk, the extent information from this volume is used. If no such volume exists, the extent information of the swap volume is used instead, and swapvol performs the dual role of swap device and dump device. -l length Specifies the length of the volume in units of 1024-byte blocks. -o offset Specifies the start of the volume as the number of 1024-byte blocks from the beginning of the disk. -r Specifies the volume type as a root volume with name rootvol. -s Specifies the volume type as a swap volume with name swapvol. -v When used with one of the options -b, -d, -r or -s, displays the contents of the updated LABEL file. Otherwise, this option may be used to display the contents of the LABEL file on the specified lif disk. Note: The -b, -c, -d, -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. If more than one of these options is specified, the vxvmboot com- mand exits without performing any operation. ARGUMENTS
rawpath Specifies the pathname of the character (raw) device node for the lif disk. SEE ALSO
lif(4), mkboot(1M), vxbootsetup(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxvmboot(1M)