Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update Solaris patch
Operating Systems Solaris Update Solaris patch Post 302391587 by incredible on Monday 1st of February 2010 11:25:07 PM
Old 02-02-2010
once you're in single user, just cd to the patch dir.
issue ./installcluster --s10cluster

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patch update instructions

Hi All, I need to update my solaris with a particular patch. When reading the instruction on the sun web site, I got this: Installation Requirements: Reboot immediately after installing this patch on an active boot environment to bring the system to a consistent state. An alternative may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
8 Replies

2. Solaris

patch update and break mirror

Hi All, How do you know if you need to break the mirror on solaris 8 patch update? Here's the patch example, 117350-54. On the site, it's just a low type update and not a medium or critical. Is breaking a mirror a best practice only or really a requirement to some patch? Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Solaris

patch update with single user mode

Hi All, How do I execute patch update on a single user mode? Please give me the steps by step procedures? Is single user mode the same as run level 1? Thanks. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

verify patch update

Hi All, If I need to verify my solaris 8 with patch 110910-03 and I query the server below: #showrev -p | grep 'Patch: 110910-' Patch: 110910-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWcsu Do I still need to apply the patch if the older 110910-01 patch exist? Please... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Solaris

sendmail failed after patch update

Hi, I was troubleshooting H/W issue on a Ultra 5 workstation, whereby the system kept rebooting. In the course of isolating the issue, I patched the system with the latest Recommended cluster patch for solaris 7. SInce then, sendmail is not working and am getting the following errors. Kindly check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Patch update on sunfire 280R sparc for solaris 5.9

Hi, i just finished installing solaris 5.9 and I'm looking for the tools to tell me if i should update the patches or how to make sure that the current patches are ok? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade can be done in single user mode? any suggestions.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
2 Replies
DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						Debian Build System						 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
dbs-edit-patch - Edit a DBS patch SYNOPSIS
dbs-edit-patch [options] patch dbs-edit-patch -h|--help DESCRIPTION
dbs-edit-patch is script to generate or modify patches for Debian source-packages in DBS format. WARNING
dbs is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide how to do it. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -t dir, --tmpdir=dir Directory for the temporary files, default is /tmp or if set $TMP. -s dir, --sourcedir=dir Top level directory of the debian-package source-tree, default is the present working directory. -P dir, --sourcepatchdir=dir Directory containing upstream patches. -T dir, --sourcetardir=dir Directory containing the upstream tarball. -p level, --strip=level Striplevel -p of patch (Option -p of diff(1)), accepted values are 0 and 1, default is 0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TMP Sets the directory for the temporary files, can be overridden with -t dir. debian/vars dbs-edit-patch will automatically use variables defined in the optional debian/vars file. When a file debian/vars.in exists and debian/vars either does not exist or is older than any of the following files: debian/vars.in, debian/changelog, debian/rules or debian/control, then dbs-edit-patch will try updating the vars file by running the following command make -f debian/rules -W debian/vars.in debian/vars EXAMPLES
Edit the 021_debian patch of Heimdal: ~/heimdal-0.3d> dbs-edit-patch -t/tmp 021_debian Extracting source heimdal-0.3d.tar.gz ... successful. Applying patch 001_replay ... successful. etc. Copying heimdal-0.3d to heimdal-0.3d-old ... successful. Applying patch 021_debian ... successful. Edit files under /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d as required, then put a short description into /tmp/021_debian/patch-description if desired, and finally execute /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch to save the results. Technical note: dbs-edit-patch extracts all patches before 021_debian into /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d, copies the result to /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d-old, and applies the last patch 021_debian (if it exists). Also, it creates a shell script which will create the diff between the old and new directories: ~/heimdal-0.3d> ls -la /tmp/021_debian total 12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 bam users 112 Jan 31 13:31 dbs-update-patch* -rw-r--r-- 1 bam users 0 Jan 31 13:31 patch-description drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d/ drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d-old/ drwxr-xr-x 5 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 .stampdir/ ~/heimdal-0.3d> cat /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch #!/bin/sh -e cd "/tmp/021_debian" HOOK_DIR="/usr/src/heimdal/debian/dbs-hooks" test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-prediff find -name "*.bak" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm find -name "*~" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm : > new_patch test ! -e patch-description || cp patch-description new_patch diff -ruN heimdal-0.3d-old heimdal-0.3d >> new_patch || test $? -eq 1 mv new_patch /usr/src/heimdal/debian/patches/021_debian test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-postdiff SEE ALSO
diff(1), dbs(7), /usr/share/doc/dbs/ AUTHOR
DBS was written by Adam Heath, modified by Ben Collins, modified and packaged for Debian by Brian May. This manpage was generated by Andreas Metzler and modified by Robert Luberda. Debian February 15th, 2011 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)