Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or sed to determine battery percentage Post 302391553 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 1st of February 2010 06:09:02 PM
Old 02-01-2010
Sample code to give you a percentage (assumes you have obtained the values into the CURRENT_CHARGE and BATTERY_CAPACITY variables, e.g.:
Code:
CURRENT_CHARGE=`system_profiler SPPowerDataType | grep "Charging status" | awk '{ print 4}'`

Sample code:
Code:
CURRENT_CHARGE=1020
BATTERY_CAPACITY=5242

PERCENT_CHARGED=`echo "scale=3; ${CURRENT_CHARGE} / ${BATTERY_CAPACITY} * 100" | bc`
echo "PERCENT_CHARGED = ${PERCENT_CHARGED}%"

Running a script containing the above code produces the output:
Code:
$ ./percent_calc_script.sh
PERCENT_CHARGED = 19.400%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk percentage

how would you calculate percentage by per line? Given a column of 16 lines, grab each line and divide it by the sum of the entire column and multiply by 100? thanks ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an AWK script to calculate the percentage

Hi I need a awk script to calculate percentage. I have to pass the pararmeters in to the awk script and calculate the percentage. Sum = 50 passed = 43 failed = 7 I need to pass these value in to the awk script and calculate the percentage. Please advice me. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed percentage calculation

Hi all i have a text file with columns delimited with , 2010-08-18,10,24,.09751,39,7,14872,26732 . . . i would to add a extra column in the end with percentage calculation of columns 5 and 8 ie (39/26732)*100 so the output must look like ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk/sed to determine whether there are any 2's, 3's and 4's in a column

Hi, I have a very large file which is of the general format: 0 3 4 2 ... 3 2 4 0 ... 0 3 4 2 ... 3 0 4 2 ... . . . . ... . . . . ... I would like to apply a simple awk/sed script to work out whether there are any 2's, 3's and 4's in each column. The results would look as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find percentage - awk

Please help me with this ... Input file /vol/test1 10G /vol/test2 1G /vol/test3 200G /vol/test4 3G Output File /vol/test1 10G - - 9G - /vol/test2 1024M - - 921M - /vol/test3 200G - - 180G - /vol/test4 3072M - - 2764M - Basically if Column 2 ( which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage sign causing awk problems

looks like awk gets confused when there's a % next to a number. command im running: awk -F" " '/phxnaz001b/ && /vol/ && NF { if (($NF >= 80) && ($NF < 83)) { print ; print ; w++ } else if ($NF >= 83) { print ; c++ } } END { printf("%d:OK %d:WARNING %d:CRITICAL\n", o, w, c) }' /tmp/test.log ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk percentage calculation from a file

i have a file say test with the below mentioned details Folder Name Total space Space used /test/test1 500.1GB 112.0 GB /test/test2 3.2 TB 5TB /test/test3 3TB 100GB i need to calculate percentage of each row based on total space and space used and copy... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

Shell /awk script for Percentage

having two columns, A and B.. i need to add another column C in a file and calculate the percentage based on the column A and B. (COLUMN B/ COLUMN A *100) . "|" is delimiter separating the A and B.. need C column with the percentage value. Thanks for your help 100|50 |50% ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
6 Replies
TRACE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TRACE(1)

NAME
trace -- configure and record kernel trace events SYNOPSIS
trace -h trace -i [-b numbufs] trace -g trace -d [-a pid | -x pid] trace -r trace -n trace -e [-c class [-p class] [-s subclass]] [-a pid | -x pid] [-k code | -k code | -k code | -k code] trace -E [-c class [-p class] [-s subclass]] [-a pid | -x pid] [-k code | -k code | -k code | -k code] executable_path [optional args to executable] trace -t [-R rawfile] [-o OutputFilename] [-N] [ExtraCodeFilename1 ExtraCodeFilename2 ...] DESCRIPTION
The trace command allows developers to initialize and configure the kernel trace subsystem. Trace events can be recorded to an in-memory buf- fer, or logged directly to a file. Raw data files can later be decoded to a plaintext format. SEE ALSO
fs_usage(1), sc_usage(1), latency(1), top(1) Mac OS X October 28, 2010 Mac OS X