Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will You Buy an Apple iPad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Buy an Apple iPad? Post 302391521 by Scott on Monday 1st of February 2010 03:03:02 PM
Old 02-01-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by andom
Uh, so maybe some of you would like this one better:
Shenzen P88 | Tablet News
has usb, rj45, wlan, gps, cardslot ... I think even the battery is replaceable.
I think you've lost the plot a bit... we're discussing the iPad Smilie

The iPad is a nice looking device. I watched the Steve Jobs presentation, and everything it does, it does nicely. Even as an eBook reader, with the new iBooks store, looked elegant, in typical Apple fashion.

What steve jobs didn't show is what is doesn't do (or have).

And that's what people who are debating here are discussing.

Jobs did say however that the device was not locked, which is a bonus if you don't want to be tied in with a particular network.

As much as I'd like to find a place for this, I just don't see where it fits.

I have a netbook, and an iPhone.

If I wanted an ebook reader, I'd probably buy a Kindle from Amazon.

Having said that, I tend to purchase this kind of thing more on impulse than on common sense or necessity. So I dare say that having walked through a shop 49 times while managing to resist buying one, on the fiftieth visit I probably will.

Last edited by Scott; 02-01-2010 at 05:20 PM..

URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)