Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED: Removing Filenames From Paths Post 302391509 by Brusimm on Monday 1st of February 2010 02:22:00 PM
Old 02-01-2010
Thank you guys... just the pointers I needed to create my new list. If I had money, I'd send you guys a pittance.... since I don't a hearty thanks is all I have for you!

Thanks for taking the time to chime in!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing the extension from all filenames in a folder

Hi there, I'm pretty new to UNIX and have tried trawling through this forum to find an answer to what I want to try to do, which I'm sure is very simple but I don't know how to do it. What I have a a folder that contains multiple files that I have copied from Windows and I want to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmcclintock
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a character using sed

Hi, I have a file with the text below. How do i remove the character "%" from the text file using sed ? Can anybody help ? 0% 68% 72% 0% 54% 33% 75% 24% 6% 59% 77% 77% 33% (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed to isolate file paths separated by a pattern

Hi, I've been searching for a quick way to do this with sed, but to no avail. I have a file containing a long series of (windows) file paths that are separated by the pattern '@'. I would like to extract each file path so that I can later assign a variable to each path. Here is the file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Movies (or Flipping Portions of Filenames Using sed or awk)

Hey folks My problem is simple. For my first stash of movies, I used a naming convention of YEAR_MOVIE_NAME__QUALITY/ for each movie folder. For example, if I had a 1080p print of Minority Report, it would be 2002_Minority_Report__1080p/. The 2nd time around, I changed the naming convention... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question/review my script: removing bad chars from filenames

The task: remove undesirable characters from filenames. Restrictions: Must use basic RE, base utilities (non-GNU) and /bin/sh (ash). No ksh, zsh, perl, etc. Below is what I've come up with. It seems to work OK but I'm open to shorter, more efficient alternatives. Inside the square... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces in filenames

I have a problem mounting images because of the spaces in the filenames. Does anyone know how to rename files by removing the spaces with the find command? find Desktop/$dir -name "*.dmg" -print -exec ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianebaj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED removing CR/LF

I have a source text file that contains something like this: <start_template> bool function( void *<var_name> ) { // Blah Blah } </start_template> Following is used to remove this template from source file. template=$(sed -n -e '/<start_template>/,/<\/start_template>/{... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gee22
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Removing Dead Paths And Unusable Path Solaris 9

Hi, One of our Solaris servers was peviously zoned and connected to 2 seperate arrays, one HP and the other EMC. The server is now only connected to the EMC. The sever has x2 single port HBA's. When running cfgadm I see the following: root@qwicprod /dev/rdsk]# cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing quotes in sed

I have a file and I want to remove quotes from the word " ` " through sed command but unable to remove I am using below command sed s/"`XYZ`"/"ZXY"/g file1.txt > file2.txt But this is not working. How can we remove "`" through sed command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only the filenames under a directory without relative and absolute paths.

I am able to list all the filenames under a directory & its sub-directories except blent.tar on Linux find "/tmp/" -type f | grep -v blent.tar | rev | cut -d '/' -f1 | rev Desired Output: THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt javaws libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
SNAKE(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  SNAKE(6)

NAME
snake, snscore -- display chase game SYNOPSIS
snake [-w width] [-l length] [-t] snscore DESCRIPTION
snake is a display-based game which must be played on a CRT terminal. The object of the game is to make as much money as possible without getting eaten by the snake. The -l and -w options allow you to specify the length and width of the field. By default the entire screen is used. The -t option makes the game assume you are on a slow terminal. You are represented on the screen by an I. The snake is 6 squares long and is represented by s's with an S at its head. The money is $, and an exit is #. Your score is posted in the upper left hand corner. You can move around using the same conventions as vi(1), the h, j, k, and l keys work, as do the arrow keys. Other possibilities include: sefc These keys are like hjkl but form a directed pad around the d key. HJKL These keys move you all the way in the indicated direction to the same row or column as the money. This does not let you jump away from the snake, but rather saves you from having to type a key repeatedly. The snake still gets all his turns. SEFC Likewise for the upper case versions on the left. ATPB These keys move you to the four edges of the screen. Their position on the keyboard is the mnemonic, e.g. P is at the far right of the keyboard. x This lets you quit the game at any time. p Points in a direction you might want to go. w Space warp to get out of tight squeezes, at a price. To earn money, move to the same square the money is on. A new $ will appear when you earn the current one. As you get richer, the snake gets hungrier. To leave the game, move to the exit (#). A record is kept of the personal best score of each player. Scores are only counted if you leave at the exit, getting eaten by the snake is worth nothing. As in pinball, matching the last digit of your score to the number which appears after the game is worth a bonus. To see who wastes time playing snake, run snscore. FILES
/var/games/snakerawscores database of personal bests /var/games/snake.log log of games played BUGS
When playing on a small screen, it's hard to tell when you hit the edge of the screen. The scoring function takes into account the size of the screen. A perfect function to do this equitably has not been devised. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD