Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add up numbers for each day
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add up numbers for each day Post 302391495 by Scott on Monday 1st of February 2010 01:45:57 PM
Old 02-01-2010
Code:
awk -F, '
  { S[$1 "." $2 "." $3 ]+=$4 }
  END { for( s in S )
    print s, S[s]
  }
' file1 | sort -nk1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add some numbers!

im using this command to return the number of links in my directory, grep -c -i -h "href" *html */*html *htm *shtml is there a way of adding these to get the total? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TalkShowHost
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add numbers?

:confused: I have plain text file "tmp" which include a range of numbers(bytes), say like: 123 234 567 2434 2323 213123 How can I add them and display out. should I use AWK, then how? I am a newer in Bourne shell, please give me a hand, thanks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnxi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add numbers

Hello. I new to Shell Scripting. I have a file and here is the output of the file. 1.1M 1.1M 3.3M 149K 61K 75K 144K 135K 82K 170K 327K 2.0M 219K 165K (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a day to a given date

Hi, I have a date field which is a variable field being passed to the script from outside. I need to know how i can add 1 day to it. I have seen example of date subtraction but while adding each time date reaches 31 or 30 i have to put if else condition. Or for leap year also. Kindly let... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallet
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i add two numbers

hi, i am having one file which looks like the one below: ABC1 *** 1 4 ABC2 *** 7 12 ABC3 *** 0 34 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find filenames with latest version and for all seq. numbers in a day

Hi, We have a requirement to find the set of filenames from the group of files in a specified folder based on (i) version number (ii) sequence number such that, for any given sequence number in a day only the latest version filenames have to indentified. Below is the format of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakbabu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add day of week at the end of each line that shows the date?

I have a file that looks like: file1: www_blank_com 20121008153552 www_blank_com 20121008162542 www_blank_com 20121009040540 www_blank_com 20121009041542 www_blank_com 20121010113548 www_blank_com 20121011113551 www_blank_com 20121012113542 I want the new file to show the day of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
3 Replies
INTLCALENDAR.SETFIRSTDAYOFWEEK(3)					 1					 INTLCALENDAR.SETFIRSTDAYOFWEEK(3)

IntlCalendar::setFirstDayOfWeek - Set the day on which the week is deemed to start

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool IntlCalendar::setFirstDayOfWeek (int $dayOfWeek) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool intlcal_set_first_day_of_week (IntlCalendar $cal, int $dayOfWeek) Defines the day of week deemed to start the week. This affects the behavior of fields that depend on the concept of week start and end such as IntlCalendar::FIELD_WEEK_OF_YEAR and IntlCalendar::FIELD_YEAR_WOY. PARAMETERS
o $cal - The IntlCalendar resource. o $dayOfWeek - One of the constants IntlCalendar::DOW_SUNDAY, IntlCalendar::DOW_MONDAY, , IntlCalendar::DOW_SATURDAY. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success. Failure can only happen due to invalid parameters. EXAMPLES
Example #1 IntlCalendar.setFirstDayOfWeek(3) <?php ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/Lisbon'); ini_set('intl.default_locale', 'es_ES'); $cal = IntlCalendar::createInstance(); $cal->set(2013, 5 /* June */, 30); // A Sunday var_dump($cal->getFirstDayOfWeek()); // 2 (Monday) echo IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, <<<EOD week of month : 'W' week of year : 'ww EOD ), " "; $cal->setFirstDayOfWeek(IntlCalendar::DOW_SUNDAY); echo IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, <<<EOD week of month : 'W' week of year : 'ww EOD ), " "; The above example will output: int(2) local day of week: 7 week of month : 4 week of year : 26 local day of week: 1 week of month : 5 week of year : 27 PHP Documentation Group INTLCALENDAR.SETFIRSTDAYOFWEEK(3)