Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn/bash Script to monitor a file a check for specific data Post 302391477 by Thales.Claro on Monday 1st of February 2010 12:54:04 PM
Old 02-01-2010
Korn/bash Script to monitor a file a check for specific data

Hi,

Im trying to write this script but im stuck on it, basicaly what i want to do is to write a code to verify a log file ( apache log file for example ) and for each new line with specific data , then, output this new line for another file:

full ex:

output of the server.log is ( new line each 0.5 secs )

new connection..
new connection..
new connection..
blocked....
denied >> this new line should be picked

sorry for my english, not very clear...

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to check the existence of a file using korn shell?

we have tranferred an ear from local server to remote server using ftp.consider, we have an ear file named a.ear in remote server,again if we transfer the same file named a.ear from local server to remote server.we need the kshell to check the existence of the ear file in remote server,and if the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprasathk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file generation for an hour using Korn shell script

Hi, I am new to this unix scripting, I got a requirement like.. Files with *.XML extension will be generating in a /home/sample/ folder for every 15 mins. I need to monitor those files in that particular folder for every hour. If no file has been generated in that particular folder for an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter required data from file using bash script?

Hi All , I have one file like below , Owner name = abu2-kxy-m29.hegen.app Item_id = AX1981, special_id = *NULL*, version = 1 Created = 09/01/2010 12:56:56 (1283389016) Enddate = 03/31/2011 00:00:00 (1301554800) From the above file I need to get the output in the below format ,i need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanasekar_beem
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find specific file name and load data

I need help as to how to write a script in Unix for the following: We have 3 servers; The mainframe will FTP them to a folder. In that folder we will need the script to look and see if the specific file name is there and load it to the correct table. Can anyone pls help me out with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor directory size of specific users

Hi, i am new to shell scripts, i need to write a script that can monitor size of directory of specific users. Please help. Thanks, Nitin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksrulz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script to insert at specific line

Hi, I am trying to put together a Korn Shell script to insert at a specific line. The system we use is SunOS 5.10 I can get the line number by using:- num=`sed -n '/export ENV/=' ./tmp.file` Not getting much headway using the above variable's value to insert - export SYBASE=/opt/sybase15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj8200
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing to specific line in file bash script

Hi, I have a value stored in x and I need to compare it to the numbers in every other line of a file. The file contains alternating lines of numbers and letters: aaaa1111 AAAAAAAA bbbb2222 BBBBBBBB cccc3333 CCCCCCCC I need to compare x to the numbers in every other line without the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for a specific number of columns in a file

Hi All I have a file which has five columns in each rows. cat file.txt a|b|c|d|e 1|2|3|4|5 a1|a2|a3|a4|a5 . . . I need to make sure that there are no less than five or more than five columns (in all the rows) by mistake. I tried this : cat file.txt | awk 'BEGIN{FS="|"};{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
3 Replies
TORRUS_MONITOR(8)						      torrus							 TORRUS_MONITOR(8)

NAME
monitor - Torrus Monitor. SYNOPSIS
torrus monitor --tree=TREENAME [options...] DESCRIPTION
This command starts the Monitor process for the tree TREENAME. By default it forks into a daemon, sets the log output file to /var/log/torrus/monitor.TREENAME.log, performs one monitoring cycle, and sleeps until the next cycle is scheduled. In daemon mode the log file can be reopened by sending it a SIGHUP signal. OPTIONS
--nodaemon Prevents the process from becoming a daemon and sets the log to STDERR. --runonce Instructs the script to run once and exit. Implies --nodaemon. --delay=N Makes the daemon sleep for N minutes before starting the first cycle. This would happen on the daemon startup and also after each configuration recompilation. For example, when monitor and collector start simultaneously, the collector needs some time to retrieve the data being monitored. --debug Sets the log level to debug. --verbose Sets the debug level to info. --help Displays a help message. FILES
/etc/torrus/conf/torrus-siteconfig.pl Torrus site configuration script. /var/log/torrus/monitor.TREENAME.log Monitor's log for the tree TREENAME. SEE ALSO
torrus(8) NOTES
See more documentation at Torrus home page: http://torrus.org AUTHOR
Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin@yahoo.com> torrus 2.03 2013-07-26 TORRUS_MONITOR(8)