Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat vsftpd service failed to start Post 302391294 by u.n.i.x on Sunday 31st of January 2010 11:19:28 PM
Old 02-01-2010
THANK you ...
it worked!!!!!Smilie

what are the settings required if i want to run vsftpd in standalone service????

Last edited by u.n.i.x; 02-01-2010 at 02:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Service + vsftpd

Hello, I have two problems: 1. The service command does not work on my system! I mean when I enter: service ... start I get: bash: service: command not found 2. I want to launch my vsftpd server. I tried to launch it using service command and you see that it didn't work! Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

2. Solaris

tmchild exec service failed erron = 2

I have a Solaris-9 box. When I log into it I get the following error message tmchild exec service failed erron = 2 . Any ideas !! Thanks Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbjyork
2 Replies

3. SuSE

vsftpd won't start on SLES 10

I recently installed SLES 10 on an x86 64bit blade server. I then installed vsftpd from the suse cds through network services; however after configuring the vsftpd.conf file, the server fails to start: # /etc/init.d/vsftpd start Starting vsftpd startproc: exit status of parent of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave521
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to start a script from the point where it failed.

Hi Guys, I have requirement where if the script fails at a particular point, then the script should run from that particular point itslf.. could anyone help me out from this.. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
5 Replies

5. SuSE

How to start Apache2 and vsftpd at boot

My apache and ftp server is working fine but when I reboot the system ftp and web server is not running automatically. Please advise on how to start apache and ftp at boot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
9 Replies

6. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

550 Failed to change directory from FireFTP to CentOS 5.7 VSFTPD

When trying to connect from Mozilla's FireFTP using anonymous or a FTP user on the CentOS 5.7, using VSFTPD I get the following error: 550 Failed to change directory.(View Attachment) This is what I have in my vsftpd.conf file: # Example config file /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf # # The default... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to check FTP service failed in between on Solaris 10?

Hi Guys, I need to check why FTP service on Solaris 10 machine did not work in between. What does Jun-29 means here? Does it mean that it has been RUNNING/UP since Jun 29th ? -bash-3.2$ sudo /usr/bin/svcs |grep -i ftp legacy_run Jun_29 lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S90proftpd online ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmpd service failed to start on Red Hat 6

Dear community, I got the following error when I try to start the snmpd service: # service snmpd start Starting snmpd: Log say: Could someone help please? Thank you Lucas ---------- Post updated at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:50 AM ---------- DAMN!!!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies
msvc(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   msvc(8)

NAME
msvc - control minit SYNOPSIS
msvc [ -[uodpchaitko] ] [ -P pid ] service [...] DESCRIPTION
msvc is the management interface to minit. service is the service directory name relative to /etc/minit. Starting with minit 0.9 you can also include /etc/minit/ in the service name. OPTIONS
If no option is given, msvc will just print a small diagnostic message to stdout, saying if the service is up, down or finished, which PID it has if it is up, and for how long it has been in this state. -u Up. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, restart it. -o Once. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, do not restart it. -d Down. If the service is running, send it a TERM signal and then a CONT signal. After it stops, do not restart it. -p Pause. Send the service a STOP signal. -c Continue. Send the service a CONT signal. -h Hangup. Send the service a HUP signal. -a Alarm. Send the service an ALRM signal. -i Interrupt. Send the service an INT signal. -t Terminate. Send the service a TERM signal. -k Terminate. Send the service a KILL signal. -P pid Set PID. Tell minit the PID of the service is really pid. This is useful for services that fork themselves in the background but put their real PID in a file, typically called /var/run/service.pid. Used by pidfilehack. -D service Print dependencies. This will print all the names of all the services that were started because this services depended on them. Please note that this is not done recursively (i.e. if default depends on qmail and qmail depends on log, this will print qmail, not qmail/log. But msvc -D qmail will print qmail/log). -H Print history. This will print the names of the ten least recently spawned processes. This is useful if you see a process looping (initialization fails and minit is restarting it all the time). RETURN CODES
Generally, msvc return zero if everything is OK or 1 on error (could not open /lib/minit/in or /lib/minit/out or there is no process with the given name). In diagnostic mode, it will exit 0 if the service is up, 2 if it is down or 3 if it is finished. SEE ALSO
pidfilehack(8), svc(8) msvc(8)