Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will You Buy an Apple iPad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Buy an Apple iPad? Post 302391268 by reborg on Sunday 31st of January 2010 05:49:39 PM
Old 01-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxmaus
I have voted yes after a while. I am an absolute ebook freak and so I will use it mostly as an ebook reader - that has the option to be used as a webinterface if need be. And what is in my opinion a big advantage against conventional ebook readers - and I had them all Smilie
I know I will not buy it right away - I never do - but I know I will buy it after a while as I bought almost all apple products after every one else had them already for ages - this included a macbook, various ipods, and finally even an iphone - I always had been critical and was 'against the crap' - but as soon as I got hold of them and had a while to play around, I tended to love them. So I am sure the same thing will happen to me again with the ipad.
I might be weird but - I have notebooks that can do everything - but I just don't need all this everything. I don't need to hop between applications. If I want to read a book, I want to do exactly this. I dont want to reply to emails or quickly surf the internet. If I want to do this - I do it afterwards. And hey I am a girl and native capable to multitask - I just don't want it Smilie
zxmaus
zxmaus, I have to suggest strongly that you try one out first. One of the major plus point for a classical ebook reader is that the display is not so brightly illuminated and somewhat paper-like, making it much easier to read for an extended period of time.

I am quite happy to read from the screen of an ebook reader but reading from any kind of computer like screen really doesn't work for me. My eyes get tired, and I fall into the classical "no blink" problem.

PSTOPDF(1)							      ConTeXt								PSTOPDF(1)

NAME
pstopdf - convert EPS to PDF SYNOPSIS
pstopdf [ OPTION ... ] FILE [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
pstopdf converts EPS (encapsulated PostScript) to PDF. OPTIONS
--help Print usage and version information. --convert Convert EPS to PDF. This option is assumed if none is given. --method=string What method to use for bounding boxes when converting to PDF. Specify one of crop, bounded (the default), or raw. Older versions of ConTeXt used numerical methods (1, 2, or 3). --resolution=string The resolution to use when when converting to pdf. Specify one of low, normal, medium, high, printer, print, screen, ebook, or default. --request Handle exa request file. --watch Watch folders for conversions (untested). EXAMPLES
To make cow.pdf: pstopdf cow.eps or (one of several equivalents): pstopdf --convert cow.eps cow.pdf SEE ALSO
epstopdf(1), mptopdf(1), ps2pdf(1), texexec(1). ConTeXt wiki <http://www.contextgarden.net>. AUTHOR
This (incomplete) manual page was written by Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy@mit.edu>. It is in the public domain. pstopdf 2.0 December 2006 PSTOPDF(1)