Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mac OSX Cron Script Execution Post 302391259 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 31st of January 2010 04:56:03 PM
Old 01-31-2010
Do not use spaces in filenames or directory names in Unix it only causes trouble as you have now seen!

Change:
Code:
/Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\ Scripts/DailyBirthday.scr\ Scripts/DailyBirthday.scr

with:
Code:
"/Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\ Scripts/DailyBirthday.scr Scripts/DailyBirthday.scr"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX question

Hi. Is it possible to execute a Cocoa (or Carbon or eaven a classic) program for mac OSX in the terminal window? OSX finder can sometimes be so busy that it wont respond for several minutes, ie if you are uploading a very big file/files to a afp server. Then it would have been nice to start... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindows on Mac OSX

Hello, I'm like most people who post here, I'm new in UNIX. Yesterday I installed Xwindows on my OSX box just to learn as much about UNIX as I can. I been messing around with my terminal and conf files that have to do with Apache and sendmail and didn't mess anything up so I thought I was ready to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha_Harblo
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac Osx.2

I finally broke down and decided to buy a new piece of hardware. I think I made the right decision when I chose an Apple iBook - OSX is incredible! I haven't used a Mac since System7.5, and 10.2 is just blowing me away! Best of all, it's easy to use for people who are not used to Mac, but if I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win-xp/mac-osx

I'm currently looking for an emulation program that would allow me to open and run osx app.s and programs on a windows xp based system. if not is there a unix/linux/lindows program that may do the same? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: area51nstk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron execution of shell script

Hi Guys, Unable to run this script from the cron,although the same executes perfectly from the command line.Please help. #!/bin/sh #### aprintd alarm creation files ##### file=`date +%m%d%Y` pid=$$ echo "$pid" /u01/app/netboss/bin/aprintd/aprintd > $file & childpid=$!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish.sharma
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execution differs in cron

I have the following script (MyScript): #!/bin/sh ps U erv | grep -v grep | grep -F "/usr/bin/collect -o 101" echo "Result: $?" When executed from the command line, I get ... (the line containing /usr/bin/collect -o 101) Result: 0 (which is correct since collect is running) When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost_neko
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Cron on Mac OSX

Hello, I was wondering about my Cron Script: HELL=/bin/tcsh PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin HOME=/var/log MAILTO=jwillis 25 1 * * * root /Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\Scripts/DailyBirthday.scrmy returned message is: Subject: Cron <jwillis@Macintosh-66> root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Creating Shell Script for STIG Checklist MAC OSX 10.6

Hello, I am new to Mac OSX and shell scripting all together. I was wondering if anyone could help get me started in a few scenarios so that I would be able to automate checking a system against a STIG checklist. A STIG Checklist is a DoD Guideline for securing systems. Here is the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john3j04
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
Unicode::UCD(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Unicode::UCD(3pm)

NAME
Unicode::UCD - Unicode character database SYNOPSIS
use Unicode::UCD 'charinfo'; my $charinfo = charinfo($codepoint); use Unicode::UCD 'charblock'; my $charblock = charblock($codepoint); use Unicode::UCD 'charscript'; my $charscript = charblock($codepoint); use Unicode::UCD 'charblocks'; my $charblocks = charblocks(); use Unicode::UCD 'charscripts'; my %charscripts = charscripts(); use Unicode::UCD qw(charscript charinrange); my $range = charscript($script); print "looks like $script " if charinrange($range, $codepoint); use Unicode::UCD 'compexcl'; my $compexcl = compexcl($codepoint); my $unicode_version = Unicode::UCD::UnicodeVersion(); DESCRIPTION
The Unicode::UCD module offers a simple interface to the Unicode Character Database. charinfo use Unicode::UCD 'charinfo'; my $charinfo = charinfo(0x41); charinfo() returns a reference to a hash that has the following fields as defined by the Unicode standard: key code code point with at least four hexdigits name name of the character IN UPPER CASE category general category of the character combining classes used in the Canonical Ordering Algorithm bidi bidirectional category decomposition character decomposition mapping decimal if decimal digit this is the integer numeric value digit if digit this is the numeric value numeric if numeric is the integer or rational numeric value mirrored if mirrored in bidirectional text unicode10 Unicode 1.0 name if existed and different comment ISO 10646 comment field upper uppercase equivalent mapping lower lowercase equivalent mapping title titlecase equivalent mapping block block the character belongs to (used in p{In...}) script script the character belongs to If no match is found, a reference to an empty hash is returned. The "block" property is the same as returned by charinfo(). It is not defined in the Unicode Character Database proper (Chapter 4 of the Unicode 3.0 Standard, aka TUS3) but instead in an auxiliary database (Chapter 14 of TUS3). Similarly for the "script" property. Note that you cannot do (de)composition and casing based solely on the above "decomposition" and "lower", "upper", "title", properties, you will need also the compexcl(), casefold(), and casespec() functions. charblock use Unicode::UCD 'charblock'; my $charblock = charblock(0x41); my $charblock = charblock(1234); my $charblock = charblock("0x263a"); my $charblock = charblock("U+263a"); my $range = charblock('Armenian'); With a code point argument charblock() returns the block the character belongs to, e.g. "Basic Latin". Note that not all the character positions within all blocks are defined. See also "Blocks versus Scripts". If supplied with an argument that can't be a code point, charblock() tries to do the opposite and interpret the argument as a character block. The return value is a range: an anonymous list of lists that contain start-of-range, end-of-range code point pairs. You can test whether a code point is in a range using the "charinrange" function. If the argument is not a known charater block, "undef" is returned. charscript use Unicode::UCD 'charscript'; my $charscript = charscript(0x41); my $charscript = charscript(1234); my $charscript = charscript("U+263a"); my $range = charscript('Thai'); With a code point argument charscript() returns the script the character belongs to, e.g. "Latin", "Greek", "Han". See also "Blocks versus Scripts". If supplied with an argument that can't be a code point, charscript() tries to do the opposite and interpret the argument as a character script. The return value is a range: an anonymous list of lists that contain start-of-range, end-of-range code point pairs. You can test whether a code point is in a range using the "charinrange" function. If the argument is not a known charater script, "undef" is returned. charblocks use Unicode::UCD 'charblocks'; my $charblocks = charblocks(); charblocks() returns a reference to a hash with the known block names as the keys, and the code point ranges (see "charblock") as the val- ues. See also "Blocks versus Scripts". charscripts use Unicode::UCD 'charscripts'; my %charscripts = charscripts(); charscripts() returns a hash with the known script names as the keys, and the code point ranges (see "charscript") as the values. See also "Blocks versus Scripts". Blocks versus Scripts The difference between a block and a script is that scripts are closer to the linguistic notion of a set of characters required to present languages, while block is more of an artifact of the Unicode character numbering and separation into blocks of (mostly) 256 characters. For example the Latin script is spread over several blocks, such as "Basic Latin", "Latin 1 Supplement", "Latin Extended-A", and "Latin Extended-B". On the other hand, the Latin script does not contain all the characters of the "Basic Latin" block (also known as the ASCII): it includes only the letters, and not, for example, the digits or the punctuation. For blocks see http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/Blocks.txt For scripts see UTR #24: http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr24/ Matching Scripts and Blocks Scripts are matched with the regular-expression construct "p{...}" (e.g. "p{Tibetan}" matches characters of the Tibetan script), while "p{In...}" is used for blocks (e.g. "p{InTibetan}" matches any of the 256 code points in the Tibetan block). Code Point Arguments A code point argument is either a decimal or a hexadecimal scalar designating a Unicode character, or "U+" followed by hexadecimals desig- nating a Unicode character. Note that Unicode is not limited to 16 bits (the number of Unicode characters is open-ended, in theory unlim- ited): you may have more than 4 hexdigits. charinrange In addition to using the "p{In...}" and "P{In...}" constructs, you can also test whether a code point is in the range as returned by "charblock" and "charscript" or as the values of the hash returned by "charblocks" and "charscripts" by using charinrange(): use Unicode::UCD qw(charscript charinrange); $range = charscript('Hiragana'); print "looks like hiragana " if charinrange($range, $codepoint); compexcl use Unicode::UCD 'compexcl'; my $compexcl = compexcl("09dc"); The compexcl() returns the composition exclusion (that is, if the character should not be produced during a precomposition) of the charac- ter specified by a code point argument. If there is a composition exclusion for the character, true is returned. Otherwise, false is returned. casefold use Unicode::UCD 'casefold'; my %casefold = casefold("09dc"); The casefold() returns the locale-independent case folding of the character specified by a code point argument. If there is a case folding for that character, a reference to a hash with the following fields is returned: key code code point with at least four hexdigits status "C", "F", "S", or "I" mapping one or more codes separated by spaces The meaning of the status is as follows: C common case folding, common mappings shared by both simple and full mappings F full case folding, mappings that cause strings to grow in length. Multiple characters are separated by spaces S simple case folding, mappings to single characters where different from F I special case for dotted uppercase I and dotless lowercase i - If this mapping is included, the result is case-insensitive, but dotless and dotted I's are not distinguished - If this mapping is excluded, the result is not fully case-insensitive, but dotless and dotted I's are distinguished If there is no case folding for that character, "undef" is returned. For more information about case mappings see http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr21/ casespec use Unicode::UCD 'casespec'; my %casespec = casespec("09dc"); The casespec() returns the potentially locale-dependent case mapping of the character specified by a code point argument. The mapping may change the length of the string (which the basic Unicode case mappings as returned by charinfo() never do). If there is a case folding for that character, a reference to a hash with the following fields is returned: key code code point with at least four hexdigits lower lowercase title titlecase upper uppercase condition condition list (may be undef) The "condition" is optional. Where present, it consists of one or more locales or contexts, separated by spaces (other than as used to separate elements, spaces are to be ignored). A condition list overrides the normal behavior if all of the listed conditions are true. Case distinctions in the condition list are not significant. Conditions preceded by "NON_" represent the negation of the condition Note that when there are multiple case folding definitions for a single code point because of different locales, the value returned by cas- espec() is a hash reference which has the locales as the keys and hash references as described above as the values. A locale is defined as a 2-letter ISO 3166 country code, possibly followed by a "_" and a 2-letter ISO language code (possibly followed by a "_" and a variant code). You can find the lists of those codes, see Locale::Country and Locale::Language. A context is one of the following choices: FINAL The letter is not followed by a letter of general category L (e.g. Ll, Lt, Lu, Lm, or Lo) MODERN The mapping is only used for modern text AFTER_i The last base character was "i" (U+0069) For more information about case mappings see http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr21/ Unicode::UCD::UnicodeVersion Unicode::UCD::UnicodeVersion() returns the version of the Unicode Character Database, in other words, the version of the Unicode standard the database implements. The version is a string of numbers delimited by dots ('.'). Implementation Note The first use of charinfo() opens a read-only filehandle to the Unicode Character Database (the database is included in the Perl distribu- tion). The filehandle is then kept open for further queries. In other words, if you are wondering where one of your filehandles went, that's where. BUGS
Does not yet support EBCDIC platforms. AUTHOR
Jarkko Hietaniemi perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Unicode::UCD(3pm)