Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will You Buy an Apple iPad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Buy an Apple iPad? Post 302391235 by Corona688 on Sunday 31st of January 2010 10:44:53 AM
Old 01-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by andom
The iPad is not a pc. Not even a wanna-be.
Given all the functionality they list I would say, yes, it is indeed a PC wannabe, much like the internet appliances of yesteryear but with a few new features nailed on the side and made much prettier.
Quote:
And it is not a small notebook.
There are two things stopping it from being that: 1) A real OS 2) A USB port. The hardware is plainly capable of both, but you're not going to get it...
Quote:
And of course Apple is a bad Company luring people into buying their beautiful products, and soon after everybody has bought them they are mean enough to throw improved versions onto the market. This is really awful. No other company treats their customers like that.
You missed the actual point entirely. They continuously release improved versions of products that have no useful expansion capabilities. Music players without card slots. Fauxputerphones without USB ports, phone or texting capability, multitasking, or drivers that can extended or revised by anyone but Apple. You get what they want you to get, and they want repeat customers, so they make products that, once they've outlived their design lifetimes, are garbage.
Quote:
I wish I could still use my 2001 iBook G3, but it has no touch screen.
I'm not talking about notebooks. If you really can't use it though, send it to me. Smilie

Last edited by Corona688; 01-31-2010 at 11:51 AM..

PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)