Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will You Buy an Apple iPad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Buy an Apple iPad? Post 302391221 by andom on Sunday 31st of January 2010 07:07:35 AM
Old 01-31-2010
It would be useful for me to know if you have previous experience with apple products, as I do not understand most of your problems with the iPad.
Maybe you just don't know how it works?

the point is: nobody depends on usb any more. It is obsolete. My Nokia does not have a usb, and I do not miss it. It just does not make any difference.
But that is another story ....

Nobody depends on the iTunes Store to get new applications? It is just a very comfortable way to keep work at a minimum, for people who just want to choose and use.

Again: the iPad is not meant as a netbook or substitute a computer. You would not expect all those things from a kindle, or would you? Just imagine the iPad as a Kindle with a few extras. ;-)

Besides all that, I welcome your decision not to buy an iPad. It obviously is not what you need or want.

To me, on the other hand, it is a great device I can use to connect to the internet whenever I want, with a screen big enough to use it comfortably and small enough to carry it with me all the time. I love the touch screen and the virtual keyboard. I can't wait to try it.
andom

usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)