Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Beginner Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Beginner Help Post 302391147 by thibodeau on Saturday 30th of January 2010 04:45:22 PM
Old 01-30-2010
Good point... but the fact is that the function returns a fail when it should pass... could you look at the code to see if something's wrong in the actual function?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help. I am a beginner.

Alrigt, I need to write a shell script where it counts the number of folders and files and dispays "My home directory has 'x' files and 'y' directories." So, I was thinking of doing this. set x = `ls | wc` so, if I have 8 files and folders in my home directory, x is not 8. now, I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lykathea Aflame
1 Replies

2. Programming

Beginner C

Anyone know where I can get started in C++ programming in unix? Any good free tutorials or websites to start at? I am okay in unix scripting but have never done c programming of any sort... What are the main advantages of using C++ ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner Help

hi guys, i have a DEl xps laptop cor 2 duo 2.2 i have vista installed on it i want to install a dual Boot UNIX on it.. can some one guide me ...cause i m tottaly new to UNIX i want to install unix on that laptop along with Vista.... thx any help would be deeply appreciated (sorry if i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farhan082
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for scripting beginner

hy guys, I have perl script provided to me but i need to convert it into shell .Can you help me in this using sed shell command. cat /etc/passwd |perl -ne '/^(\w+):\w+: (\w+)/ and print "$1, $2\n";' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh_king
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

beginner's question

i write a shell program and i execute that after i made a bin directiry in my home directory(i didnt give any permissions) now i change to other directory.then i execute it bit it is saying " no such a file or directory" can any one help me please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner - What Should I Do First?

Hi people.... I have just started to learn unix.I want to know which version of Unix to install plus how to install it.I need to practise and make myself aware of how unix works.My thread is from an educational point of view.Also please feel free to give your suggestions as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.kanade1983
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner looking for help

Hello, I am trying to write a script that reads names from a file called input, removes names if they have the same letter next to each other and prints the others. e.g. Colin & John would be printed Garry & Lynn would be removed My thinking is that I read in each name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
3 Replies

8. Programming

beginner to c programming

hii friends i m fairy new to c programming.can any one suggest some good websites and some good books for beginner (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajchandel
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Help me please i am beginner

i have windows 8 host on Dell Laptop vmware 9 redhat 7.2 iso downloaded through redhat official site after installation on vm it only boots into text dont show graphics Please guide:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash beginner

Hello so I've stored some csv data to be read into variables like this Name,Team,Shop,Shoe etc,etc,etc,etc Code: sep="," { while IFS=$sep read Name Team Shop Shoe do count=1 dirname=$Name while do ((count++)) dirname="${Name}$count" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklord173
4 Replies
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)

NAME
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting - How to do regression testing (for free!) SYNOPSIS
use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; DESCRIPTION
Say that LectroTest uncovers a bug in your software by finding a random test case that proves one of your properties to be false. If you apply a fix for the bug, how can you be sure that LectroTest will re-test the property using the exact same test case that "broke" it before, just to be certain the bug really is fixed? And how can you be sure that future changes to your code will not reintroduce the same bug without your knowing it? For situations like these, LectroTest can record failure-causing test cases to a file, and it can play those test cases back as part of its normal testing strategy. The easiest way to take advantage of this feature is to set the regressions parameter when you "use" Test::LectroTest or Test::LectroTest::Compat: use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; This tells LectroTest to use the file "regressions.txt" for both recording and playing back failures. If you want to record and play back from separate files, use the record_failures and playback_failures options: use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; Here is how it works: 1. When testing a property named N, LectroTest will check for a play-back file. If the file exists, LectroTest will search it for test cases associated with N. If any such test cases exist, LectroTest will play them back before and in addition to performing the usual, random testing of the property. 2. When performing the usual, random testing of a property named N, if a failure occurs (i.e., LectroTest finds a counterexample), LectroTest will record the test case that caused the failure to the recording file, associating the test case with the name N. NOTE: If you pass any of the recording or playback parameters to Test::LectroTest::Compat, you must have version 0.3500 or greater of Test::LectroTest installed. (Module authors, update your modules' build dependencies accordingly.) The Test::LectroTest module itself, however, has always ignored unfamiliar parameters, and thus these options are backward compatible with older versions. SEE ALSO
Test::LectroTest gives a quick overview of automatic, specification-based testing with LectroTest. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. Test::LectroTest::Compat lets you mix LectroTest with the popular family of Test::Builder-based modules such as Test::Simple and Test::More. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. LECTROTEST HOME
The LectroTest home is http://community.moertel.com/LectroTest. There you will find more documentation, presentations, mailing-list archives, a wiki, and other helpful LectroTest-related resources. It's also the best place to ask questions. AUTHOR
Tom Moertel (tom@moertel.com) COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2004-06 by Thomas G Moertel. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2007-08-30 Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)