Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Download AT&T ksh88 ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Download AT&T ksh88 ? Post 302391109 by drl on Saturday 30th of January 2010 10:39:32 AM
Old 01-30-2010
Hi.

Would this excerpt from an interview with David Korn convince you otherwise about pdksh?
Quote:
Question 3) pdksh...
by mirko (mirko@myfamilyname.org)

Do you collaborate (or plan to) with the pdksh development team ?

Korn: I don't know the pdksh development team but I would like to thank them for the service they have done in making a version of ksh available while ksh was proprietary. I have noticed remarkable improvements in pdksh in its ability to mimic ksh88 functionality. I don't know what plans the pdksh development team has now that ksh93 is available in open source form, but I certainly would help them try to maintain compatibility if they do continue pdksh distribution. Otherwise, I would hope that they would pick up the ksh93 source and help support and enhance it.

-- more at Slashdot | David Korn Tells All (from about 10 yars ago)
Best wishes ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh88 - curses

I was wondering if there is anyway to use the curses library with ksh88. I saw Shell Curses function library which says I can use /usr/local/functions/shellcurses on ksh93 but I am on ksh88. I am on a HP-UX box. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh88 or ksh93

Hi all! Does anybody know how can I check if any UNIX installation has implemented ksh88 or ksh93? Thanks in advance. Néstor. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nestor
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in ksh88 ?

Hello, ksh88 doesn't support ${var:x:y}. Any alternatives to get substring ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 download & md5sum

Hi, I download Full DVD Image (zip): Oracle Solaris 10 (SPARC) (2,079,737,380 bytes) (md5sum: 3a24f5746ebab5f254c359f979e644f7) I have also downloaded md5sum.exe from the following site bt.etree.org | Community Tracker when i run the md5sum it show, D:\Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

namerefs alternative for KSH88

I have to use KSH88, so going to BASH, perl etc. is not an option. Below is a much simplified verison of what I am doing (aka ignore my cut command and i not increasing) :) i=1 BIGSTRING="one two three four five six seven eight" while ]; do typeset "STRING$i=`echo $BIGSTRING| cut -d' '... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Strings in ksh88

Hi I tried the following string comparison script in Ksh88 #!/bin/ksh str1='aC' str2='ABC' if then echo "Equal" else echo "Not Equal" fi Though str1 and str2 are not equal the script output says Equal . Please correct me Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script in ksh88

Hi I tried the following code to FTP the files from test server to dev #!/bin/ksh DST=/home/files cd $DST ftp -inv 'test_serv101' << EOF quote USER test quote PASS test # File Path on test server cd /etc/home/Or_Files ascii mget curMonth* $DST quit EOF when i try the above code it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
4 Replies

9. AIX

Automate patch download & deployment

Hi all, I am exploring how I can automate the download and patching of my AIX servers via a central management mechanism. I will need to patch all my servers annually to a certain pre-determined Service Pack (SP) level. So far I performed some online search and found 2 products that might... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawpaw
6 Replies
SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)

NAME
surfraw-update-path - updates PATH in shell config files SYNOPSIS
surfraw-update-path [-add] [-remove] [-check] [-sys] [-all] [-help] [-shell=SHELL] DESCRIPTION
surfraw-update-path adds the surfraw elvi directory (/usr/lib/surfraw) to your PATH in your shell's config file. Currently it supports bash, sh, csh, tcsh, ash, dash, ksh, pdksh, zsh, rc, and es Don't forget to login again or source your login files for it to take effect. OPTIONS
-check Checks to see if the surfraw config code is present. This is the default. -add Adds the surfraw config code. -remove Removes the surfraw config code -sys Updates the system-wide shell config instead of the user. Must be done as root. -shell=SHELL Selects the shell to configure. Defaults to the value of the $SHELL environment variable. Currently supported shells are: sh, ash, bash, dash, csh, tcsh, ksh, pdksh, zsh, rc, and es. -all Attempts to configure the startup files for all known shells -help Gives a usage message RETURN VALUE
-check returns 0 if the surfraw code is present in the file, 1 if it is not found, or 2 on error. All other options return 0 on success, or 2 on error. ENVIRONMENT
SHELL Used to determine which shell to configure, if -shell is not given. HOME Used to find users config files. ENV Used by posix-compliant shells to specify a startup rc file. ZDOTDIR Used to find user config files for zsh. If not set, defaults to HOME. SEE ALSO
surfraw(1), sh(1), ash(1), bash(1), dash(1), csh(1), tcsh(1), ksh(1), pdksh(1), zsh(1), rc(1), es(1) AUTHOR
Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> perl v5.12.4 2011-07-12 SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)