Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem Executing Firmware Command using Shell Script Post 302391067 by raghunsi on Saturday 30th of January 2010 04:41:57 AM
Old 01-30-2010
Do this function variable is dependent on the case statement. Can you just rewrite that function, so that .. let me have a look into that in training environment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

2. AIX

Having problem with executing shell script to get the pid details!

Hello Everyone, I am new to shell scripting and also i am very new to AIX machine I have a question. I have shell script which contains the follwing "ps -e |grep $1 echo $2" i run this schell script by doing this ./startSehllscript 3444 passed with two parameters . Accroiding my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swati
4 Replies

3. Programming

c executing shell problem

Hello im geting error here: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; int main (int argc, char *argv) { char user; string command; cin << user; command = printf ("grep '%s' /etc/shadow", user); system (command.c_str()); } return 0; } it should search shadow... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: velniaszs
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with executing a shell script through the cron

Hi, I have a shell script as below: ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/opt/oracle/product/dev export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/bin export PATH OUTFILE=/export/home/`basename $0`.out export OUTFILE export IDEN df -k . | tail -1 | read a b c d e f echo $a >> $OUTFILE echo $b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhinav Pandey
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in executing sed command

Hi, Input: XX = to_date ('9999-12-31 23:59:59', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') Required output: XX=to_date (\'9999-12-31 23:59:59\', \'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS\') Regards Akshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a tar command with the --exclude option in a Debian shell script.

Hi All, I am trying to execute the following tar command with two --exclude options to suppress extract of the two directories specified. Do I need to single quote the directory paths ?? Many thanks for your help. The relevant code excerpt from the script is: cd /var/www/${SITE} ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveu7
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron shell script not executing diskutil command

I'm trying to learn how to use cron for repetative tasks. I have an external disk that needs to be unmounted and remounted every hour due to some problems that a backup utility (specifically, TimeMachine) is having repeatedly accessing the device. I've created a shell script that will find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: illuminate
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing 'exit' command from shell script

Hi, I am writing shell script to automate few use cases for CLI interface. We have CLI interface which has bunch of commands. I am trying to execute one of the commands 'exit' as part of automation to exit from CLI object (not from shell script) in my shell script. My intension is to execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
4 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)