Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Format a compact flash card in Ubuntu Post 302390954 by genesis211 on Friday 29th of January 2010 01:19:47 PM
Old 01-29-2010
Format a compact flash card in Ubuntu

I need some assistance formatting a compact flash card in Ubtunu.

I connect up the CF card through a USB reader. Ubuntu recognizes the reader usb device, but does not "mount" the CF card as a device.

The CF card was formatted in FAT32 format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

formatting a Compact Flash in DOS format

:confused: I tryied to use the mount Command (and the msdos.utils) in Darwin 1.4 (OS X) to format a Compact Flash in DOS Format (I had already this native format but I changed it with Disk Utility in MacOS standard and the PC Card slot of a Windows 98-Laptop can't nore read the card) I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreamsurfer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compact 3-D output from a big input like:

Hi Experts!!!! Tried a lot but in vein,no success, please help to achieve this LOGIC behind is first field is reffrance row field, the second field shoud be made titles of coulmn and the the third field is made as matrix value. And if they dont match the matrix value should be 0. (Unix (Shell,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashis.tewari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compact information !

Hello Group, Could you please help me with a shell script that condense in this case each 12 rows of hour information in only one row per day as following: Final Fields in each row 1.Ticker Name 2. D (Daily) 3. Date 4. Open Price (The open price of the first record of the day) 5. High... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash causes 64-bit Ubuntu to crash

I've been running 64-bit Ubuntu for about 2 years now, but a few days ago it developed serious problems. Whenever I would load a Flash page* the computer would crash... well, sort of. The screen would go blank immediately, eventually causing the monitor to give the "no video detected" message. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Flash causes 64-bit Ubuntu to crash

I've been running 64-bit Ubuntu for about 2 years now, but a few days ago it developed serious problems. Whenever I would load a Flash page* the computer would crash... well, sort of. The screen would go blank immediately, eventually causing the monitor to give the "no video detected" message. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtual sound card for Ubuntu

We are using vmware ESX host. I have converted ubuntu notebook from physical to virtual. I need sound card for audio call testing but ESX isn't support sound card. Picture is attached. I can use virtual sound card for w7 on ESX using with VAC (virtual audio cable) <a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file to SD card from internal flash.

Hi, At first I have to say that I know nothing about Linux :( But I am looking for solution how to copy one file from internal Lowrnace HDS flash memory. Lowrance HDS is Linux based device. Here is the link for firmware update files for this unit. At the end of main firmware file there... (62 Replies)
Discussion started by: PouchX
62 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to install Adobe Flash player in Ubuntu "11.04"

I am unable to watch video e.g. "www.bbc.co.uk/autumnwatch" on my Netbook as I can find no way of installing Flash Player on my Netbook, which has, (I believe) a light version of Ubuntu 11.04. Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?:o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
3 Replies
OPENSC-TOOL(1)							   OpenSC Tools 						    OPENSC-TOOL(1)

NAME
opensc-tool - generic smart card utility SYNOPSIS
opensc-tool [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The opensc-tool utility can be used from the command line to perform miscellaneous smart card operations such as getting the card ATR or sending arbitrary APDU commands to a card. OPTIONS
--atr, -a Print the Answer To Reset (ATR) of the card. Output is in hex byte format --card-driver driver, -c driver Use the given card driver. The default is auto-detected. --info, -i Print information about OpenSC, such as version and enabled components. --list-drivers, -D List all installed card drivers. --list-files, -f Recursively list all files stored on card. --list-readers, -l List all configured readers. --name, -n Print the name of the inserted card (driver). --reader num, -r num Use the given reader number. The default is 0, the first reader in the system. --send-apdu apdu, -s apdu Sends an arbitrary APDU to the card in the format AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.... --serial Print the card serial number (normally the ICCSN). Output is in hex byte format --verbose, -v Causes opensc-tool to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the opensc library. --wait, -w Wait for a card to be inserted. SEE ALSO
opensc-explorer(1) opensc 06/17/2014 OPENSC-TOOL(1)