Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will You Buy an Apple iPad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Buy an Apple iPad? Post 302390797 by andom on Friday 29th of January 2010 03:51:30 AM
Old 01-29-2010
connections ....

I see you have done it already.... just for the cause of keeping the discussion going? Smilie

No usb? it has bluetooth, wifi and a dock connector. What do you need usb for? The concept is, you connect your iPad to a Mac (desktop or notebook) via dock connector and do your syncing/copying this way. Just like an iPod or the iPhone.

As for the multitasking argument ... i am a single tasking person.

i do not want to have people skyping me if i do something else or windows popping up giving me useless information all the time.

And for the music, I guess it will be just like the iphone: you can listen to music while doing something else. And you will be notified if new mail arrives (although I would prefer if not).

So, would you pleeeease change your voting once again ? I feel real lonely there and I can't stand all those negative opinions throughout the net any more. Smilie

---------- Post updated at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:17 AM ----------

uh, neo, apple has listened to your complaints and created a nice solution especially for you:

Hardmac.com : Le "Macbidouille" in English - Accessories for iPad

(I refer to the "iPod camera Connection Kit, 2 modules, one dock-USB and the other one dock-SD card reader". )

And yes, it will have bluetooth.

Will you give it a chance? Smilie
andom

DOCKER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DOCKER(1)

NAME
docker - System tray for KDE3/GNOME2 docklet applications SYNOPSIS
docker [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the docker command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. docker is a docking application (WindowMaker dock app) which acts as a system tray for KDE3 and GNOME2. It can be used to replace the panel in either environment, allowing you to have a system tray without running the KDE/GNOME panel. Docker was written and designed to work with Openbox 2, but it should work fine in any window manager that supports WindowMaker dock apps. OPTIONS
-h-help Show summary of options. -display DISPLAY The X display to connect to. -border N The width of the border to put around the system tray icons. Defaults to 1. -vertical Line up the icons vertically. Defaults to horizontally. -wmaker WindowMaker mode. This makes docker a fixed size (64x64) to appear nicely in in WindowMaker. Note: In this mode, you have a fixed number of icons that docker can hold. -iconsize SIZE The size (width and height and height) to display icons as in the system tray. Defaults to 24. -color COLOR The background color to use for the tray. Defaults to whatever color the window manager specifies. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ari Pollak <ari@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). November 2, 2002 DOCKER(1)