Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting A Section of A File Based On the Time Within It Post 302390721 by daptal on Thursday 28th of January 2010 07:30:29 PM
Old 01-28-2010
Code:
use POSIX qw/strftime/;
use Date::Calc qw(Delta_YMDHMS);

my $curr_time = strftime('%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M:%S',localtime);

while(<>){
        chomp;
        my ($name,$val,$date) = split("\t");
        print "$name\t$val\t$date\n" if (get_diff_in_dates($date,$curr_time));
}

sub get_diff_in_dates {
        my ($date1,$date2) = @_;
        my ($ymd1,$hms1) = split("_",$date1);
        my ($ymd2,$hms2) = split("_",$date2);
        my ($diff_year,$diff_mon,$diff_day,$diff_hr,$diff_min,$diff_sec) = Delta_YMDHMS(split("-",$ymd1),split(":",$hms1),split("-",$ymd2),split(":",$hms2));
        ($diff_min <= 15) ? return 1 : return 0;
}

HTH,
PL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting only few lines from many based on a common pattern

Hi, I have a file having some thousand records with the following sort of lines: Error: Failed to get order data Order: PO-BBBTGZE Error: No CLI Error: Failed to get order data Order: PO-SBDJUZA Order: PO-XBBIDEN Error: No CLI Error: Failed to get order data Order: PO-BBDJUTQ Order:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damansingh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a section based on search from other file

Hi Everyone, I need some help to accomplish the below. help is highly appriciated. I have a 45 mb file with ldap entries. Each user entry is separated by a string # entry-id: 1 and so on. Some of the entries has a string xyz: true. I want to delete the section if the user section has xyz: true... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows from a pipe delimited file based on condition

HI all, I have a simple challenge for you.. I have the following pipe delimited file 2345|98|1809||x|969|0 2345|98|0809||y|0|537 2345|97|9809||x|544|0 2345|97|0909||y|0|651 9685|98|7809||x|321|0 9685|98|7909||y|0|357 9685|98|7809||x|687|0 9685|98|0809||y|0|234 2315|98|0809||x|564|0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract record from file based on section.

input file output file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathigara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting sequences based on scores

I have two files with thousands of sequences of different lengths. infile1 contains the actual sequences and infile2 the scores for each A, T, G and C in infile1. Something like this: infile1: >HZVJKYI01ECH5R TTGATGTGCCAGCTGCCGTTGGTGTGCCAA >HZVJKYI01AQWJ8 GGATATGATGATGAACTGGTTTGGCACACC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying section of file based on search criteria

Hi Guru's, I am new to unix scripting. I have a huge file with user details in it(file2) and I have another file with a list of users(file1). Script has to search a user from file1 and get all the associated lines from file2. Example: fiel1: cn=abc cn=DEF cn=xyx File 2: dn:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Selecting lines based on the value in the 3rd column.

Hello, I have a sample data like this: A1 B1 100.00 B1 A1 100.00 A2 B2 90.80 B2 A2 90.80 A3 B3 99.07 B3 A3 99.07 A4 B4 99.00 B4 A4 99.00 A5 B5 97.13 B5 A5 99.53 . . Ax By i By Ax j each two lines are same comparison with opposite order. What I expected is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting section and removing match

I have a file with contents as shown in file.texi Would like to keep only the sections that have inlineifset till the empty line is reached. Finally replace the following string with a space @inlineifset{mrg, @opar{@bullet{} I had written the following command but it messed my file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danette
6 Replies
split(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  split(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
split - Split a string into a proper Tcl list SYNOPSIS
split string ?splitChars? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns a list created by splitting string at each character that is in the splitChars argument. Each element of the result list will con- sist of the characters from string that lie between instances of the characters in splitChars. Empty list elements will be generated if string contains adjacent characters in splitChars, or if the first or last character of string is in splitChars. If splitChars is an empty string then each character of string becomes a separate element of the result list. SplitChars defaults to the standard white-space char- acters. EXAMPLES
Divide up a USENET group name into its hierarchical components: split "comp.lang.tcl.announce" . -> comp lang tcl announce See how the split command splits on every character in splitChars, which can result in information loss if you are not careful: split "alpha beta gamma" "temp" -> al {ha b} {} {a ga} {} a Extract the list words from a string that is not a well-formed list: split "Example with {unbalanced brace character" -> Example with {unbalanced brace character Split a string into its constituent characters split "Hello world" {} -> H e l l o { } w o r l d PARSING RECORD-ORIENTED FILES Parse a Unix /etc/passwd file, which consists of one entry per line, with each line consisting of a colon-separated list of fields: ## Read the file set fid [open /etc/passwd] set content [read $fid] close $fid ## Split into records on newlines set records [split $content " "] ## Iterate over the records foreach rec $records { ## Split into fields on colons set fields [split $rec ":"] ## Assign fields to variables and print some out... lassign $fields userName password uid grp longName homeDir shell puts "$longName uses [file tail $shell] for a login shell" } SEE ALSO
join(n), list(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
list, split, string Tcl split(n)