Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Number of CPU and Memory information in SunOS server? Post 302390706 by govindts on Thursday 28th of January 2010 05:11:02 PM
Old 01-28-2010
Thank you!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU Usage Information

how would I list the high end of CPU utilization for the previous hours of the day. I don't need to know the averages. I'm wanting to know the high and low, etc. for what ever time interval that is avaliable? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Number of CPU in linux server

I am using linux server.. how do i see number of CPU's in the server? TOP command is not providing result.. Any help is highly appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Number of CPU in LINUX server

I want to find number of CPU and number NIC card in Linux server. I have below content in /proc/cpuinfo. I have from processor 0 - 15. It means, i have 15 similar entries in that file. How many CPU we have on this server? also how do find how many NIC card on this? processor : 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 5.10 CPU Information With Timestamp

Hi, In Solaris 5.10, can I run a command or a small script that will output CPU% user, system, wait and idle (The output from iostat or vmstat) along with a date/timestamp. The date/timestamp can be in any format that is easy to understand. I intend to use crontab to call the script once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU and Cores information

Hi all. I have a question about linux command to find number of CPU and Core. I usually use the command dmidecode -t processor to find cpu and core numbers . On this machine with Red Hat 4. 0 when I try to insert the command is returned the error -bash: dmidecode: command not found I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piccolinomax
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cpu information

hi unix expert is there any program in terminal to show cpu and ram information? and usage of this? Many thanks samad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
3 Replies
ctsmc(7D)							      Devices								 ctsmc(7D)

NAME
ctsmc - System Management Controller driver DESCRIPTION
The ctsmc system management controller driver is a multithreaded, loadable, clonable STREAMS hardware driver that supports communication with the system management controller device on SUNW,NetraCT-410, SUNW,NetraCT-810 and SUNW,Netra-CP2300 platforms. The smc device provides a Keyboard Controller Style (KCS) interface as described in the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Version 1.5 specification. The ctsmc driver enables user-land and kernel-land clients to access services provided by smc hardware. FILES
/dev/ctsmc ctsmc special character device /platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/ctsmc 64 bit ELF kernel driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcar.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) STREAMS Programmers Guide Writing Device Drivers Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI). Version 1.5 - PICMIG, February, 2001 SunOS 5.10 7 Dec 2003 ctsmc(7D)