Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Number of CPU and Memory information in SunOS server? Post 302390693 by hergp on Thursday 28th of January 2010 03:48:16 PM
Old 01-28-2010
You can use "prtdiag" to display the installed CPUs and memory. This is from a Sunfire V490 with 4 CPUs and 32 GB memory:

Code:
# prtdiag
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Fire V490
System clock frequency: 150 MHz
Memory size: 32768 Megabytes

========================= CPUs ===============================================

Run   E$  CPU     CPU
Brd  CPU  MHz   MB  Impl.   Mask
--- ----- ---- ---- ------- ----
 A  0, 16 1800 32.0 US-IV+   2.2
 B  1, 17 1800 32.0 US-IV+   2.2
 A  2, 18 1800 32.0 US-IV+   2.2
 B  3, 19 1800 32.0 US-IV+   2.2

========================= Memory Configuration ===============================

Logical  Logical  Logical
     MC   Bank     Bank     Bank         DIMM    Interleave  Interleaved
Brd  ID   num      size     Status       Size    Factor      with
---  ---  ----     ------   -----------  ------  ----------  -----------
 A    0     0      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    0     1      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    0     2      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    0     3      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    2     0      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    2     1      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    2     2      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 A    2     3      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        0
 B    1     0      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    1     1      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    1     2      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    1     3      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    3     0      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    3     1      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    3     2      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1
 B    3     3      2048MB   no_status    1024MB     8-way        1

"vmstat" shows you the free memory. Or you install SMCtop from sunfreeware.com which brings you the familiar "top" command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU Usage Information

how would I list the high end of CPU utilization for the previous hours of the day. I don't need to know the averages. I'm wanting to know the high and low, etc. for what ever time interval that is avaliable? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Number of CPU in linux server

I am using linux server.. how do i see number of CPU's in the server? TOP command is not providing result.. Any help is highly appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Number of CPU in LINUX server

I want to find number of CPU and number NIC card in Linux server. I have below content in /proc/cpuinfo. I have from processor 0 - 15. It means, i have 15 similar entries in that file. How many CPU we have on this server? also how do find how many NIC card on this? processor : 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 5.10 CPU Information With Timestamp

Hi, In Solaris 5.10, can I run a command or a small script that will output CPU% user, system, wait and idle (The output from iostat or vmstat) along with a date/timestamp. The date/timestamp can be in any format that is easy to understand. I intend to use crontab to call the script once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU and Cores information

Hi all. I have a question about linux command to find number of CPU and Core. I usually use the command dmidecode -t processor to find cpu and core numbers . On this machine with Red Hat 4. 0 when I try to insert the command is returned the error -bash: dmidecode: command not found I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piccolinomax
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cpu information

hi unix expert is there any program in terminal to show cpu and ram information? and usage of this? Many thanks samad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
3 Replies
CHCPU(8)						       System Administration							  CHCPU(8)

NAME
chcpu - configure CPUs SYNOPSIS
chcpu -c|-d|-e|-g cpu-list chcpu -p mode chcpu -r|-h|-V DESCRIPTION
chcpu can modify the state of CPUs. It can enable or disable CPUs, scan for new CPUs, change the CPU dispatching mode of the underlying hypervisor, and request CPUs from the hypervisor (configure) or return CPUs to the hypervisor (deconfigure). Some options have a cpu-list argument. Use this argument to specify a comma-separated list of CPUs. The list can contain individual CPU addresses or ranges of addresses. For example, 0,5,7,9-11 makes the command applicable to the CPUs with the addresses 0, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. OPTIONS
-c, --configure cpu-list Configure the specified CPUs. Configuring a CPU means that the hypervisor takes a CPU from the CPU pool and assigns it to the vir- tual hardware on which your kernel runs. -d, --disable cpu-list Disable the specified CPUs. Disabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it offline. -e, --enable cpu-list Enable the specified CPUs. Enabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it online. A CPU must be configured, see -c, before it can be enabled. -g, --deconfigure cpu-list Deconfigure the specified CPUs. Deconfiguring a CPU means that the hypervisor removes the CPU from the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs and returns it to the CPU pool. A CPU must be offline, see -d, before it can be deconfigured. -p, --dispatch mode Set the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). This option has an effect only if your hardware architecture and hypervisor support CPU polarization. Available modes are: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. -r, --rescan Trigger a rescan of CPUs. After a rescan, the Linux kernel recognizes the new CPUs. Use this option on systems that do not auto- matically detect newly attached CPUs. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. RETURN CODES
chcpu has the following return codes: 0 success 1 failure 64 partial success AUTHOR
Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 SEE ALSO
lscpu(1) AVAILABILITY
The chcpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 CHCPU(8)