Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep long line
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep long line Post 302390648 by dpc.ucore.info on Thursday 28th of January 2010 12:10:10 PM
Old 01-28-2010
@Franklin52:
Yes, but this will not allow to search for phrases like the original example suggest ('search word').

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep 0403-027 The parameter list is too long.

Hi there I get this error message when I try to do a basic grep. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong. Thanks 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: japada
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: /bin/grep: arg list too long

when i run the command below in a directory which contains too many files i got the error: ksh: /bin/grep: arg list too long ls|grep AA*B* how can i handle this problem? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi.....line too long

I'm getting a "line too long" error when I try to vi a particular file. I really just need to view the contents as I don't have to change anything. Any suggestions?? I already tried to cat but it didnt work........:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep causing long delay (batching) whilst piping

Hi all. I have a problem at work which I have managed to break down into a simple test scenario: I have written a monitoring script that outputs every second the status of various processes, but for now, lets just print the date input.sh: while true do date sleep 1 done This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spudtheimpaler
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : search a long char contain space

Hi, i have to search for a char like that : export var1="i am not happy /not happy" with a command like : grep $var1 file but this not working with me !!! thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tizilfin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/matching help with long listing of directories

How do I get this to work? cat somefile | grep "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~" This is the the desired output -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~ I basically want an exact match of the line I am grepping for, the special characters and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : Argument list too long

Hi, i am having some trouble with the below command, can some one suggest me the better way to do it. grep -l 'ReturnCode=1' `find $Log -newer /tmp/Failed.tmp -print | xargs ls -ld | egrep SUB | egrep -ve 'MTP' -ve 'ABC' -ve 'DEF' -ve 'JKL' -ve 'XYZ' | awk '{print $9}'` > $Home1 Its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting parameter list is too long in grep command

Hi i am getting below message while using grep command "The parameter list is too long" grep -i 919716499889 * ksh: /usr/bin/grep: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. please let me know what changes i can do in this command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: line too long error

Hi, cat server.out | grep user1 grep: line too long I tried grep -o, grep -z and cat server.out | grep user1 > output.txt uname -a Linux mymac 2.6.18-410.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 8 05:48:52 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Can you please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
COQ-TEX(1)						      General Commands Manual							COQ-TEX(1)

NAME
coq-tex - Process Coq phrases embedded in LaTeX files SYNOPSIS
coq-tex [ -o output-file ] [ -n line-width ] [ -image coq-image ] [ -w ] [ -v ] [ -sl ] [ -hrule ] [ -small ] input-file ... DESCRIPTION
The coq-tex filter extracts Coq phrases embedded in LaTeX files, evaluates them, and insert the outcome of the evaluation after each phrase. Three LaTeX environments are provided to include Coq code in the input files: coq_example The phrases between egin{coq_example} and end{coq_example} are evaluated and copied into the output file. Each phrase is followed by the response of the toplevel loop. coq_example* The phrases between egin{coq_example*} and end{coq_example*} are evaluated and copied into the output file. The responses of the toplevel loop are discarded. coq_eval The phrases between egin{coq_eval} and end{coq_eval} are silently evaluated. They are not copied into the output file, and the responses of the toplevel loop are discarded. The resulting LaTeX code is stored in the file file.v.tex if the input file has a name of the form file.tex, otherwise the name of the out- put file is the name of the input file with `.v.tex' appended. The files produced by coq-tex can be directly processed by LaTeX. Both the Coq phrases and the toplevel output are typeset in typewriter font. OPTIONS
-o output-file Specify the name of a file where the LaTeX output is to be stored. A dash `-' causes the LaTeX output to be printed on standard out- put. -n line-width Set the line width. The default is 72 characters. The responses of the toplevel loop are folded if they are longer than the line width. No folding is performed on the Coq input text. -image coq-image Cause the file coq-image to be executed to evaluate the Coq phrases. By default, this is the command coqtop without specifying any path which is used to evaluate the Coq phrases. -w Cause lines to be folded on a space character whenever possible, avoiding word cuts in the output. By default, folding occurs at the line width, regardless of word cuts. -v Verbose mode. Prints the Coq answers on the standard output. Useful to detect errors in Coq phrases. -sl Slanted mode. The Coq answers are written in a slanted font. -hrule Horizontal lines mode. The Coq parts are written between two horizontal lines. -small Small font mode. The Coq parts are written in a smaller font. CAVEATS
The egin... and end... phrases must sit on a line by themselves, with no characters before the backslash or after the closing brace. Each Coq phrase must be terminated by `.' at the end of a line. Blank space is accepted between `.' and the newline, but any other charac- ter will cause coq-tex to ignore the end of the phrase, resulting in an incorrect shuffling of the responses into the phrases. (The responses ``lag behind''.) SEE ALSO
coqtop (1). 29 March 1995 COQ-TEX(1)