Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux Device Driver: avoid mem copy from/to user/kernel space Post 302390607 by dpc.ucore.info on Thursday 28th of January 2010 11:12:43 AM
Old 01-28-2010
Sorry for refering you to net directly, but isn't this:

Driver porting: Zero-copy user-space access [LWN.net]

what you need?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel and Device Driver Programming

I am looking for a guide on how to program for either the Linux or FreeBSD (includes 4.4BSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD) kernel. I would prefer to learn how to write device drivers, but anything would help. If you know, please email me at *removed* or leave a post here Regards, Farhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farhan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Book for Linux Basics and Linux device driver.

hai friend, I am new to Linux, i need a book for Linux basic and Linux device driver .. plz send the book name and author(Easy to learn and mostly used by programmers) and also send the link if it is available in Net... Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wake up user space thread from kernel space ISR

Hello, I'm searching for a proper way to let the kernel space ISR(implemented in a kernel module) wake up a user space thread on a hardware interrupt. Except for sending a real-time signal, is it possible to use a semaphore? I've searched it on google, but it seems impossible to share a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Device Driver: how can an ISR wake up a user-thread?

Hi all, Is it possible to do the following in Linux (kernel 2.6.x): - A user-space thread goes to "sleep". Using any call/mechanism - On a hardware generated interrupt, the Interrupt handler (ISR) "wakes" the sleeping user-thread. I have seen wait_event() and wake_up() but it appears... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel/ user space and high/ low mem

Need some clarification on this.... 1. how are kernel/ user spaces and high/low memory related? 2. What do they all mean when i have the kernel command line as: "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda2 rw mem=exactmap memmap=1M@0 memmap=96M@1M irqpoll" or 2. what do mem and memmap mean in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Is Kernel module is the same as a device driver?

I have been reading prep questions for my second unix academy exam, and there's a nuance, I'm not sure I understand it correctly. I've been under impression from my readings of book by Evi Nemeth and from unix academy DVDs I've been watching, that kernel's modules are drivers. I think of it, as... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
25 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Certification For Linux Device Driver Programming

Hi All, I'm looking for role change to Linux device Driver developer. My current role has no connection to Linux Device driver development and hence to support my stand i want to do a certification for the same. I have googled but couldn't found any standard certification. I have submitted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To handle the case during copy when: No space left on device

print "After create SubDir routine."; createSubDirs($fileDir); my $from = $ORACLE_HOME.$dirSep.$file; my $to = $bootstrapDir.$dirSep.$fileDir; if ($isWindows) { copy($from,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To handle the case during copy when: No space left on device

print "After create SubDir routine."; createSubDirs($fileDir); my $from = $ORACLE_HOME.$dirSep.$file; my $to = $bootstrapDir.$dirSep.$fileDir; if ($isWindows) { copy($from,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
2 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)