Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help with monitoring stuff Post 302390606 by sunilmenhdiratt on Thursday 28th of January 2010 11:10:31 AM
Old 01-28-2010
Thanks Eagle, It was a great idea, But unfortunetly we dont hav root access.Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple stuff.

I hacked my TIVO a few months ago. I made a computer specifically for this, but I only used a UNIX boot disk to get all the TIVO goodies to work. I am intersted in getting some version of UNIX on this machine and getting it onto my network. I only want to do some simple file transfers, maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IamJAWA
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

weird stuff

I coudln't think of another topic to post this under as the OS on the system is XP pro. Ok here is the go. I'm upgrdaing a mates computer. A AMD 1200Mhz and well it wouldn't boot from the CD to do a fresh install (By upgrade I mean OS with complete new install). So I opened up the box and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A schoolboyish stuff

Hi , This is a pretty simple sed command i found when i was checking out one of the codes of my colleague . sed -e 's/\*.*\) \(\ <1*e\ >\) \(*.*\)/\2/' When i tried this on a few text files it was displaying the entire line. If this was to display entire line why sweat out on a sed . Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk stuff

Hi, My input file data will be |ABCD|EFGH|IJKL|MNOP |ABCD|EF\|GH|IJKL|MNOP I am expecting output , |"ABCD"|"EFGH"|"IJKL"|"MNOP" |"ABCD"|"EF|GH"|"IJKL"|"MNOP" Note : The change basically the pipe deilmited file does contain | as value for some of the column but | will come with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
8 Replies

5. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
PSENSOR(1)							   User Commands							PSENSOR(1)

NAME
psensor - Temperature monitoring application SYNOPSIS
psensor [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
psensor is a GTK application for monitoring hardware sensors, including temperatures and fan speeds. It displays a curve for each sensor, and uses Desktop Notification to raise an alarm when a temperature is too high. On Ubuntu an Applica- tion Indicator is also available, its icon changes when a temperature alert is raised. It can monitor: * the temperature of the motherboard and CPU sensors (using lm-sensors). * the temperature of the NVidia GPUs (using XNVCtrl). * the temperature and fan rotation speed of the ATI GPUs. * the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives (using hddtemp). * the rotation speed of the fans (using lm-sensors). * the sensors of a remote computer (using psensor-server). Psensor requires lm-sensors to be correctly installed and configured, it can be checked by running the command 'sensors'. If it has never be done, you may need to run the command 'sensors-detect' and follow the instruction. See the manpages of sensors(1) and sensors-detect(8) for more information. To retrieve the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives, the hddtemp daemon must be running. For remote monitoring: * start psensor-server(1) on the remote computer * run psensor with '--url' option: 'psensor --url=http://localhost:3131' ATI/AMD GPUs monitoring is available if the library libatiadlxx is present in the directory /usr/lib and psensor has been compiled with the ATI ADL SDK. Log is written to '$HOME/.psensor/log'. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -u, --url=URL the URL of the psensor-server, example: http://hostname:3131 -d, --debug=LEVEL set the debug level, integer between 0 and 3 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: jeanfi@gmail.com psensor home page: <http://wpitchoune.net/psensor> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2012 jeanfi@gmail.com License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
psensor-server(1), sensors(1), sensors-detect(8), hddtemp(8) psensor 0.6.2.17 March 2012 PSENSOR(1)