Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove duplicates from a file Post 302390474 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 28th of January 2010 04:54:14 AM
Old 01-28-2010
another approach in perl:-

Code:
perl -ane ' ! $_{$F[0],$F[1]}++ and print ' infile.txt

perl -ane ' ! $_{$F[0],$F[1]}++ && print '  infile.txt

perl -ane ' print while ! $_{$F[0],$F[1]}++ '  infile.txt

SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates from File from specific location

How can i remove the duplicate lines from a file, for example sample123456Sample testing123456testing XXXXX131323XXXXX YYYYY423432YYYYY fsdfdsf123456gsdfdsd all the duplicates from column 6-12 , must be deleted. I want to consider the first row, if same comes in the given range i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopikgunda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicates within a block in a file..help required

hi.. i have a file in the following format :- name-a age -12 address-123 age-12 phone-22222 ============ name-ab age -11 address-123 age-11 phone-222223 ============= name-abc age -12 address-1234 age-12 phone-2222223 ============= (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nipun_garg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove duplicates lines in a file

Hi, I am writing a shell script that needs to remove duplicate lines within a file by category. example: section a a c b a section b a b a c I need to remove the duplicates within th category with out removing the duplicates from the 2 different sections (one of the a's in section... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichElks
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates from end of file

1/p ---- A B C A C o/p --- B A C From input file it should remove duplicates from end without changing order (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicates from the .dat file

All, I have a file 1181CUSTOMER-L061411_003500.dat.Z having duplicate records in it. bash-2.05$ zcat 1181CUSTOMER-L061411_003500.dat.Z|grep "90876251S" 90876251S|ABG, AN ADAYANA COMPANY|3550 DEPAUW BLVD|||US|IN|INDIANAPOLIS||DAL|46268||||||GEN|||||||USD|||ABG, AN ADAYANA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicates from a file

Can u tell me how to remove duplicate records from a file? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicates and keep them in a separate file

Hi, I have a tablular separated file and I want to remove all the rows that have duplicates. The diuplicates I need to check are in column 13. I have tried to use awk but I have no Idea how to keep the duplicate file. awk 'FNR==NR{a++;next}(a> 1)' tomodify.txt tomodify.txt > new.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flacchy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove duplicates from pipe delimited file

Hi some one please help me to remove duplicates from a pipe delimited file based on first two columns. 123|asdf|sfsd|qwrer 431|yui|qwer|opws 123|asdf|pol|njio Here My first record and last record are duplicates.As per my requirement I want all the latest records into one file. I want the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove duplicates in flat file

Hi all, I have a issues while loading a flat file to the DB. It is taking much time. When analyzed i found out that there are duplicates entry in the flat file. There are 2 type of Duplicate entry. 1) is entire row is duplicate. ( i can use sort | uniq) to remove the duplicated entry. 2) the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samjoshuab
4 Replies
POD2HTML(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       POD2HTML(1)

NAME
pod2html - convert .pod files to .html files SYNOPSIS
pod2html --help --htmlroot=<name> --infile=<name> --outfile=<name> --podpath=<name>:...:<name> --podroot=<name> --recurse --norecurse --verbose --index --noindex --title=<name> DESCRIPTION
Converts files from pod format (see perlpod) to HTML format. ARGUMENTS
pod2html takes the following arguments: help --help Displays the usage message. htmlroot --htmlroot=name Sets the base URL for the HTML files. When cross-references are made, the HTML root is prepended to the URL. infile --infile=name Specify the pod file to convert. Input is taken from STDIN if no infile is specified. outfile --outfile=name Specify the HTML file to create. Output goes to STDOUT if no outfile is specified. podroot --podroot=name Specify the base directory for finding library pods. podpath --podpath=name:...:name Specify which subdirectories of the podroot contain pod files whose HTML converted forms can be linked-to in cross-references. index --index Generate an index at the top of the HTML file (default behaviour). noindex --noindex Do not generate an index at the top of the HTML file. recurse --recurse Recurse into subdirectories specified in podpath (default behaviour). norecurse --norecurse Do not recurse into subdirectories specified in podpath. title --title=title Specify the title of the resulting HTML file. verbose --verbose Display progress messages. AUTHOR
Tom Christiansen, <tchrist@perl.com>. BUGS
See Pod::Html for a list of known bugs in the translator. SEE ALSO
perlpod, Pod::Html COPYRIGHT
This program is distributed under the Artistic License. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 POD2HTML(1)