Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PHP script to modify .forward files Post 302390376 by ph0enix on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 08:01:14 PM
Old 01-27-2010
What version of MySQL are you using? If it's 5.0 or higher, you should be able to use triggers and UDF to manipulate files. I haven't tried this myself but here's some info:

MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 18.3 Using Triggers
MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 21.2.2 Adding a New User-Defined Function

J.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files

Hi everybody, I have a certine file with lots of number, Which I want to add a " in the begging and at the and of each line. Could anyone tell me how can I do it? Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amgo
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files through scripts

Hello, all I want to implement some actions on the specified files, to modify some contents in the files, as follows: File1: **** name carol birthday 830319 ******* name billy birthday 831001 *************** ____________________________ The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forward Script

Here is wat iam looking for , I need a forward script which sends out a mail to a particular server say (B-server) as soon as it receives a mail from differnt server say A-server. Lets say abc@xyz.com is sending a mail from server A to Server B then the script should automatically send a mail to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriharan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: How to modify files in a complex way

Hello, I am new to sed and hope that someone can help me with the following task. I need to modify a txt file which has format like this: xy=CreateDB|head.queue|head.source|head.definition|rtf.edit|rtf.task|rft.cut abc|source|divine|line4|5|true into something like: head.queue=abc... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkypunky
19 Replies

5. Programming

Modify php script to allow multiple countdowns within one page.

Hi, I have the following php countdown script that counts down to a date and time. Please see the below example: <SCRIPT language="JavaScript" SRC="countdown.php?timezone=US/Pacific&countto=2011-06-25 00:00:00&do=t&data=Sorry, This Offer Has Expired."></SCRIPT> And countdown.php: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify different files at the same time

Hi, I'm having the following problem. I have some files to modify, between a large number of files. I thought the following code aux2=`grep -l 2.2.17 *` print "$aux2" aux3=`ls -l *.ksh | wc -l` print "$aux3" while ; do print "The counter is $aux3" #Add the sed here ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radicaled
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Iptables forward traffic to forward chain!!!

Hi, I am new to linux stuff. I want to use linux iptables to configure rule so that all my incoming traffic with protocol "tcp" is forwarded to the "FORWARD CHAIN". The traffic i am dealing with has destination addresss of my machine but i want to block it from coming to input chain and somehow... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

append dates going forward from today to certain line in shell script

Hi there, I have a requirement to append dates going forward to a certain line in a file. I'm not sure of how to go about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Slyesco:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slyesco
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using forward slash in search pattern in perl script

I have existing pattern in the perl script as: my $pattern = "^Line.*?:|^Errors*: |^SEVERE:.*?:|^Null pointer exception occurred"; and I wanted to include below keywords in my search pattern "I/O exception" and "FileNotFoundException"the problem is when I include my pattern like my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies
MSQL2MYSQL(1)						       MySQL Database System						     MSQL2MYSQL(1)

NAME
msql2mysql - convert mSQL programs for use with MySQL SYNOPSIS
msql2mysqlC-source-file ... DESCRIPTION
Initially, the MySQL C API was developed to be very similar to that for the mSQL database system. Because of this, mSQL programs often can be converted relatively easily for use with MySQL by changing the names of the C API functions. The msql2mysql utility performs the conversion of mSQL C API function calls to their MySQL equivalents. msql2mysql converts the input file in place, so make a copy of the original before converting it. For example, use msql2mysql like this: shell> cp client-prog.c client-prog.c.orig shell> msql2mysql client-prog.c client-prog.c converted Then examine client-prog.c and make any post-conversion revisions that may be necessary. msql2mysql uses the replace utility to make the function name substitutions. See replace(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MSQL2MYSQL(1)