Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PHP script to modify .forward files Post 302390327 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 02:56:44 PM
Old 01-27-2010
is there some reason why you want to implement this with PHP? Or you are open to other options?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files

Hi everybody, I have a certine file with lots of number, Which I want to add a " in the begging and at the and of each line. Could anyone tell me how can I do it? Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amgo
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files through scripts

Hello, all I want to implement some actions on the specified files, to modify some contents in the files, as follows: File1: **** name carol birthday 830319 ******* name billy birthday 831001 *************** ____________________________ The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forward Script

Here is wat iam looking for , I need a forward script which sends out a mail to a particular server say (B-server) as soon as it receives a mail from differnt server say A-server. Lets say abc@xyz.com is sending a mail from server A to Server B then the script should automatically send a mail to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriharan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: How to modify files in a complex way

Hello, I am new to sed and hope that someone can help me with the following task. I need to modify a txt file which has format like this: xy=CreateDB|head.queue|head.source|head.definition|rtf.edit|rtf.task|rft.cut abc|source|divine|line4|5|true into something like: head.queue=abc... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkypunky
19 Replies

5. Programming

Modify php script to allow multiple countdowns within one page.

Hi, I have the following php countdown script that counts down to a date and time. Please see the below example: <SCRIPT language="JavaScript" SRC="countdown.php?timezone=US/Pacific&countto=2011-06-25 00:00:00&do=t&data=Sorry, This Offer Has Expired."></SCRIPT> And countdown.php: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify different files at the same time

Hi, I'm having the following problem. I have some files to modify, between a large number of files. I thought the following code aux2=`grep -l 2.2.17 *` print "$aux2" aux3=`ls -l *.ksh | wc -l` print "$aux3" while ; do print "The counter is $aux3" #Add the sed here ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radicaled
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Iptables forward traffic to forward chain!!!

Hi, I am new to linux stuff. I want to use linux iptables to configure rule so that all my incoming traffic with protocol "tcp" is forwarded to the "FORWARD CHAIN". The traffic i am dealing with has destination addresss of my machine but i want to block it from coming to input chain and somehow... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

append dates going forward from today to certain line in shell script

Hi there, I have a requirement to append dates going forward to a certain line in a file. I'm not sure of how to go about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Slyesco:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slyesco
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using forward slash in search pattern in perl script

I have existing pattern in the perl script as: my $pattern = "^Line.*?:|^Errors*: |^SEVERE:.*?:|^Null pointer exception occurred"; and I wanted to include below keywords in my search pattern "I/O exception" and "FileNotFoundException"the problem is when I include my pattern like my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies
FORWARD(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							FORWARD(5)

NAME
forward -- mail forwarding instructions DESCRIPTION
The .forward file contains a list of mail addresses or programs that the user's mail should be redirected to. If the file is not present, then no mail forwarding will be done. Mail may also be forwarded as the standard input to a program by prefixing the line with the normal shell pipe symbol (|). If arguments are to be passed to the command, then the entire line should be enclosed in quotes. For security rea- sons, the .forward file must be owned by the user the mail is being sent to, or by root, and the user's shell must be listed in /etc/shells. For example, if a .forward file contained the following lines: nobody@FreeBSD.org "|/usr/bin/vacation nobody" Mail would be forwarded to <nobody@FreeBSD.org> and to the program /usr/bin/vacation with the single argument nobody. If a local user address is prefixed with a backslash character, mail is delivered directly to the user's mail spool file, bypassing further redirection. For example, if user chris had a .forward file containing the following lines: chris@otherhost chris One copy of mail would be forwarded to chris@otherhost and another copy would be retained as mail for local user chris. FILES
$HOME/.forward The user's forwarding instructions. SEE ALSO
aliases(5), mailaddr(7), sendmail(8) BSD
July 2, 1996 BSD