Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Placing Duplicate Lines per section into another file Post 302390293 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 12:42:54 PM
Old 01-27-2010
Try this one:
Code:
awk 'NF==3 && /header/; $0!=s{s=$0;next}1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Duplicate lines in the file

Hi, I have a file with duplicate lines in it. I want to keep only the duplicate lines and delete the non duplicates. Can some one please help me? Regards Narayana Gupta (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Placing lines file in array

Hiya I am fairly new to UNIX and have been asked to write some scripts.... I am working in the korn shell. What I am trying to do is to go through a delimited file: Testingline1;test;test Testingline2;test;test and place the lines into an Array so: Array = Testingline1;test;test Array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThomasvdH
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to duplicate a section of a file....

hello all, I have a file like this: section 1 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 blah2 section 3 blah1 blah2 and I want to use sed to duplicate section 2, like this: section 1 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 blah2 section 2 blah1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick26
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicate Lines per Section

Hello, I am in need of removing duplicate lines from within a file per section. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5 593.5000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate Line Report per Section

I've been working on a script (/bin/sh) in which I have requested and received help here (in which I am very grateful for!). The client has modified their requirements (a tad), so without messing up the script to much, I come once again for assistance. Here are the file.dat contents: ABC1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate lines in a file

Hi All, I am trying to remove the duplicate entries in a file and print them just once. For example, if my input file has: 00:44,37,67,56,15,12 00:44,34,67,56,15,12 00:44,58,67,56,15,12 00:44,35,67,56,15,12 00:59,37,67,56,15,12 00:59,34,67,56,15,12 00:59,35,67,56,15,12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faiz1985
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate lines in a file

I have a file with following data A B C I would like to print like this n times(For eg:5 times) A B C A B C A B C A B C A (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a lines to specific section of the file.

Hello, I have to a add 2 lines to /etc/sudoers file under this section below, can someone please suggest script to add these two lines when execute this remotely on to a multiple servers. before ## Allow root to run any commands anywhere root ALL=(ALL) ALL After ## Allow root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)