Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd doesn't work! why??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers useradd doesn't work! why?? Post 302390183 by cqlouis on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 06:27:42 AM
Old 01-27-2010
Thank you dinjo_jo for your reply.
I tried that in another computer whose OS is RHEL5.2, and that works!
So I am very confused! Maybe it's because of the difference of the OS.
Can you try that in your computer , and let me know if it works?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my ctrl+c doesn't work

it seams that my ctrl+c and my ctrl+d don't work. if I type a bunch of jiberish on a line and ctrl+c I expect the command to be cancelled and to be given a fresh prompt, but instead it just putts ^C at the end of the line. Also, ctrl+d should close the session, but instead mine just puts ^D at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed doesn't work

Hello I' m confused a bit. I want to replace string "&amp" with "&" using this command. sed 's/&amp/&/g' and it doesn't work. Nothing happens. On the other side this works: sed 's/&amp/@/g' or sed 's/&amp/^/g' !!! Can somebody help please? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP doesn't work

Hi! I have 2 servers. The firts has vsftpd server with this configuration: # Example config file /etc/vsftpd.conf # # The default compiled in settings are fairly paranoid. This sample file # loosens things up a bit, to make the ftp daemon more usable. # Please see vsftpd.conf.5 for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torquemada
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh doesn't work

Hi, I need to use remsh inside a ksh script. The script would remsh to another machine (maybe different OS) and then execute commands. A Simple Script: #!/usr/bin/ksh remsh sun7656 -l myuser "cd /user.3/MyFolder; ls -lart" But this gives me the error: permission denied I also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My if statement doesn't work why?

I have the following and for some reason I can't have two options together. I mean if I choose -u and -p it won't work... why? #!/bin/bash resetTime=1 mytotalTime=0 totalHour=0 totalMin=0 averagemem=0 finalaverage=0 times=0 function usage() { cat << EOF USAGE: $0 file EOF } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeout doesn't work, please help me

#!/bin/sh trap "cleanup" TERM timeout=5 mainpid=$$ cleanup() { echo "at $i interupt" kill -9 0 } watchdog() { sleep $1 } (watchdog $timeout && kill -TERM $mainpid) & run_test() (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
10 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)