Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete a file after 3 days
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete a file after 3 days Post 302390162 by coolatt on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 04:32:29 AM
Old 01-27-2010
I already have the list of files to be deleted.

find as far as i know take a directory as argument. Is it possible to run find on a list of files to calculate their age ?? Smilie

plz advise.thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files which are 7 days old

Hi all, how to write a script that will indentify the files in a directory which are 7 days old and delete those files. Thanks in advance Cheers Arunava (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting a file to delete itself when it is 'n' days old

How would I in unix or linux set a file up to delete itself of the system after it's become ten days old (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files over 30 days

I have a directory that contains files. I would like the command that deletes all files that are over 30 days old. Delete files based on creation date and not modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete user file(s) older then 'X' days ??

I want to delete any file in unix file system which is older then a week. Those files should not be unix system file..means it should be user created file. Any clue to this ?? ASAP. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete file older than N days

Hi, All, I'd like to delete files older than 1 day. I thought the following command find /your_directory -mtime +1-exec rm -f {} \; will do the work, but not so, it seems like it won't delete files unless it is 2 days old or older. the files between 1 day and 2 days old does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete directory after 3 days

Dear all, I have a directory /homes/zak in which I have a number of directories which are created on a daily basis thus: 02-MAY-10 03-MAY-10 04-MAY-10 05-MAY-10 I want to script the clean up of these directories, so I only keep two days worth, so for example anything over 2 days... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete file older than three days

I am using SFTP to transmit files from the Mainframe to an UNIX server. I am looking for some kind of script that runs with SFTP to delete tranmitted files older than 3 days. Can this be done in a SFTP transmission batch job? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve Carlson
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete more than 7 days file from Target folder?

Hi Team, I have to remove files which are more than 7 days in my target directory. I have this script but using this i faced some problems like, removed library files of unix. for abc in `find /xxx/abc/OutputFiles/xxxx_*.txt -type f -mtime +5|xargs ls 1` do echo "xxx files are:"$abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harris
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Delete Files which are older than 7 days, but have white spaces in file name

I need to list and delete all files in current older which are olderthan 7 days. But my file names have white spaces. Before deleting I want to list all the files, so that I can verify.find . -type f -mtime +7 | xargs ls -l {} But the ls command is the working on the files which have white... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search 2 days older file and then delete last 10 lines

I want to search 2 day older file and then delete last 10 line of that file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies
SUSPICIOUS-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual					      SUSPICIOUS-SOURCE(1)

NAME
suspicious-source - search for files that are not the GPL's "preferred form of modification" SYNOPSIS
suspicious-source [options] DESCRIPTION
suspicious-source is a script that outputs a list of files which are not common source files. This should be run in the root of a source tree to find files which might not be the "preferred form of modification" that the GPL and other licenses require. The files inside version control system directories (like .bzr/ or CVS/) are not considered. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more information. -d directory, --directory=directory Check the files in the specified directory instead of the current directory. -m mimetype, --mimetype=mimetype Add mimetype to list of white-listed MIME types. -e extension, --extension=extension Add extension to list of white-listed extensions. AUTHORS
suspicious-source and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities SUSPICIOUS-SOURCE(1)