Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Gbrowse and GD installation in ia64 linux problem facing... Post 302390122 by patrick87 on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 02:32:38 AM
Old 01-27-2010
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, pludi Smilie
After I try your command:
Code:
perl -MCPAN -eshell

It comes out this symbol:
Code:
cpan[1]>

What I should enter this times?

Sad to said that because our system is not registered with RHN and supported by them. Thus I can't use the another command that you suggested:
Code:
yum install gd-devel

Thanks again for your help, pludi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installation Problem on Red hat linux 9

Hi, I am trying to install our new acquired Red Hat linux 9 on Compaq Proliant ML370. However, l has already configured the raid 0+1. The linux installation starts from the CD, its allows for the selection of Language, keyboard but l am stocked at choosing the installation package media. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

3. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

4. Programming

Problem shmat in HP-UX Titanium ia64. EINVAL Error

I have a process that needs two active connections to the same zone of shared memory simultaneously. The firs conection works ok, but when i do the second call to shmat it give me error 22 (EINVAL). Only works ok the second call to shmat if i disconnect the first connection (shmdt) Steps:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dairby
3 Replies

5. SuSE

problem of readdir on IA64 suse

Dear Experts, i am trying to find whether the given name is file or a directory dirp = opendir(dirname); direntp = readdir(dirp); if(direntp->d_type & DT_DIR) { printf("\n is a dirctory"); } else { //dir_or_file = Mtrue; printf("\n not a directory"); } it always... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
9 Replies

6. Linux

Problem in dual booting installation of linux on windows

Dear friends, I am experiencing the trouble while installing the Red Hat Linux 4 on top of windows XP, after booting its asking "What type of media contains the packages to be installed". Steps I followed: Step 1: left the free space as unpartitioned, (I also tried with the FAT32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem facing in if -else condition

can u plz tell me where is the error echo enter the filename to be searched read fname if #-d $fname then echo file exists if then echo itsa directory elif then echo its readable cat $fname else echo its not readable fi else ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gotam
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linux Installation problem

Masters, I really need help here.... I had to format my system so my installed Linux goes away.. Now I am trying to fresh installation, but stuck at one point, did RND for 2-3 days but no luck, hence posting here.... I am stuck on the "installation method" step..As I am trying to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
6 Replies

10. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
RHNPLUGIN(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNPLUGIN(8)

NAME
rhnplugin - Spacewalk/Red Hat Satellite support for yum(8). DESCRIPTION
rhnplugin provides Spacewalk support for yum(8) via its plugin architecture. A system registered with Spacewalk will be able to update and install packages from Spacewalk. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf A file containing plugin specific configuration options. SEE ALSO
yum(8), rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnplugin.conf(5), up2date(5). AUTHORS
James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> and Peter Vetere <pvetere@redhat.com>. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2006 November 13 RHNPLUGIN(8)