Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Gbrowse and GD installation in ia64 linux problem facing... Post 302390118 by pludi on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 02:16:48 AM
Old 01-27-2010
OK, so your problem isn't with the GD library itself, but the Perl wrapper. But why are you trying to install it from source, when that module should be available in the repository, as well as most of the other requirements? And even if you have to install them from source, why not use the CPAN module, which can take care of the dependencies:
Code:
perl -MCPAN -eshell

Also, make sure that you've got the development package for GD installed, this should be a simple
Code:
yum install gd-devel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installation Problem on Red hat linux 9

Hi, I am trying to install our new acquired Red Hat linux 9 on Compaq Proliant ML370. However, l has already configured the raid 0+1. The linux installation starts from the CD, its allows for the selection of Language, keyboard but l am stocked at choosing the installation package media. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

3. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

4. Programming

Problem shmat in HP-UX Titanium ia64. EINVAL Error

I have a process that needs two active connections to the same zone of shared memory simultaneously. The firs conection works ok, but when i do the second call to shmat it give me error 22 (EINVAL). Only works ok the second call to shmat if i disconnect the first connection (shmdt) Steps:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dairby
3 Replies

5. SuSE

problem of readdir on IA64 suse

Dear Experts, i am trying to find whether the given name is file or a directory dirp = opendir(dirname); direntp = readdir(dirp); if(direntp->d_type & DT_DIR) { printf("\n is a dirctory"); } else { //dir_or_file = Mtrue; printf("\n not a directory"); } it always... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
9 Replies

6. Linux

Problem in dual booting installation of linux on windows

Dear friends, I am experiencing the trouble while installing the Red Hat Linux 4 on top of windows XP, after booting its asking "What type of media contains the packages to be installed". Steps I followed: Step 1: left the free space as unpartitioned, (I also tried with the FAT32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem facing in if -else condition

can u plz tell me where is the error echo enter the filename to be searched read fname if #-d $fname then echo file exists if then echo itsa directory elif then echo its readable cat $fname else echo its not readable fi else ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gotam
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linux Installation problem

Masters, I really need help here.... I had to format my system so my installed Linux goes away.. Now I am trying to fresh installation, but stuck at one point, did RND for 2-3 days but no luck, hence posting here.... I am stuck on the "installation method" step..As I am trying to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
6 Replies

10. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
CARTON-FAQ(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    CARTON-FAQ(1p)

NAME
carton-faq - Frequently Asked Questions QUESTIONS
It looks useful, but what is the use case of this tool? The particular problem that carton is trying to address is this: You develop a Perl web application with dozens of CPAN module dependencies. You install these modules on your development machine, and describe these dependencies in your Makefile.PL or some other text format. Now you get a produciton environment on Cloud PaaS provider or some VPS, you install the dependencies using "cpanm --installdeps ." and it will pull all the latest releases from CPAN as of today and everything just works. A few weeks later, your application becomes more popular, and you think you need another machine to serve more requests. You set up another machine with vanilla perl installation and install the dependencies the same way. That will pull the latest releases from CPAN on that date, rather than the same as what you have today. And that is the problem. It's not likely that everything just breaks one day, but there's always a chance that one of the dependencies breaks an API compatibility, or just uploaded a buggy version to CPAN on that particular day. Carton allows you to lock these dependencies into a version controlled system, so that every time you deploy from a checkout, it is guaranteed that all the same versions are installed into the local environment. How is this different from DPAN or CPAN::Mini::Inject? First of all, if you currently use DPAN, CPAN::Mini::Inject, Shipwright or any other similar tools successfully, then that's totally fine. You don't need to switch to carton. If you experience difficulties with these tools, or are interested in what could be better in carton, keep on reading. carton definitely shares the goal with these private CPAN repository management tool: o Manage the dependencies tree locally o Take snapshots/lock the versions o Inject private modules into the repository Existing tools are designed to work with existing CPAN clients such as CPAN or CPANPLUS, and have accomplished that by working around the CPAN mirror structure. carton internally does the same thing, but its user interface is centerd around the installer, by implementing a wrapper for cpanm, so you can use the same commands in the development mode and deployment mode. Carton automatically maintains the carton.lock file, which is meant to be version controlled, inside your application directory. You don't need a separate database or a directory to maintain tarballs outside your application. The carton.lock file can always be generated out of the local library path, and carton can reproduce the tree using the lock file on other machines. I'm already using perlbrew and local::lib. Can I use carton with this? If you're using local::lib already with perlbrew perl, possibly with the new "perlbrew lib" command, that's great! There are multiple benefits over using perlbrew and local::lib for development and use Carton for deployment. The best practice and workflow to get your perl environment as clean as possible with lots of modules installed for quick development would be this: o Install fresh perl using perlbrew. The version should be the same against the version you'll run on the production environment (if any). o Once the installation is done, use "perlbrew lib" command to create a new local lib environment (let's call it devel) and always use the library as a default environment. Install as many modules as you would like into the devel library path. This ensures to have a vanilla "perl" library path as clean as possible. o When you build a new project that you want to manage dependencies via Carton, turn off the devel local::lib and create a new one, like carton. Install Carton and all of its dependencies to the carton local::lib path. Then run "carton install" like you normally do. Because devel and carton are isolated, the modules you installed into devel doesn't affect the process when carton builds the dependency tree for your new project at all. This could often be critical when you have a conditional dependency in your tree, like Any::Moose. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-18 CARTON-FAQ(1p)