Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fedora 11 crashing help
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora 11 crashing help Post 302390089 by ippy98 on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 12:59:49 AM
Old 01-27-2010
Fedora 11 crashing help

Using Fedora 11, just about every day the system started crashing.
Becomes unresponsive to keyboard/mouse, nothing appears on screen but box is still running.

Still responds to ping, arp address stays alive in the firewall, other than that its unresponsive

Where can I look to find out whats causing these crashes?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlclose crashing in 64bit

Hi I have a 64bit C++ dynamic component built using Sun Forte compiler(CC) on one server. I am opening this shared component using dlopen and checking if a particular function is defined or not. After that, when I am closing the component using dlclose, the program is crashing. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
3 Replies

2. Programming

c++ class keeps crashing

i just started learning to prog in c++, im using netbeans. i tryed to make a class and i keep getting this error. what am i doing wrong ? ----------------------------- class test { public: int funtime(); private: int time; }; int test::funtime()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akira300
4 Replies

3. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 crashing

Hi, My system is crashing with following error .. i tried to boot from the network and unencapsulated the root disk from SVM .. but still not able to boot the box , can any one point me to some direction .. i do not want to build the box new as of now just want to troubleshoot if possible.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

6. Programming

Why this C program is crashing?

Hi, Why I am getting 'SIGSEGV' in the following code? char* p="abcde"; printf("%s", 3); // Segmentation Fault (core dump) Kindly help me to understand what exactly makes the program to crash or the reason for the crashing. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox crashing

Firefox keeps on crashing every time I try to run it. I tried to create a new profile with no luck. When I try to open up the profile manager firefox crashes. I even deleted my profile folder and tried to start with a new profile. That did not work either. I don't know what the problem could be. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random Crashing

Over the last month or so my CentOS server has been crashing for reasons I do not know. It has been running for over a year with regular yum updates without problems. The load on the server is perfectly normal with CPU usage at 5-6% and RAM usage at less than half of 32GB of RAM (multiple smaller... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spinner0205
3 Replies
arp(8c) 																   arp(8c)

Name
       arp - address resolution display and control

Syntax
       arp -a [vmunix] [kmem]
       arp [-d] hostname
       arp -f filename
       arp -s hostname ether_addr [temp] [pub] [trail]

Description
       The program displays and modifies the Internet-to-Ethernet address translation tables used by the address resolution protocol

The hostname is the name of the host system for which information will be displayed or modified.

With no flags, the program displays the current ARP entry for hostname.

Options
       -a   Displays current Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) entries from the specified name list and core files (next arguments).  If not spec-
	    ified, uses and respectively.

-d   Deletes the entry for the host specified by name (next argument).

-f   Reads information from the specified file (next argument) and modifies entries accordingly.  Entries in the file should be of the fol-
	    lowing form, with argument meanings as given previously:
	    hostname ether_addr [ temp ] [ pub ] [ trail ]

-s   Creates an ARP entry for the host called hostname with the Ethernet address ether_addr.  The Ethernet address is given as six hexadec-
	    imal bytes separated by colons.  The entry will be permanent unless the word temp is given in the command.	If the word pub is  given,
	    the  entry will be published.  That is, the system will act as an ARP server, responding to requests for hostname even though the host
	    address is not its own.  The word trail indicates that trailer encapsulations may be sent to this host.

See Also
       arp(4p), ifconfig(8c)

arp(8c)