Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers urgent help to convert xml to xsl or csv Post 302390066 by umapearl on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 09:45:56 PM
Old 01-26-2010
So is there any help I can get the same in the perl program. All i have and know is only perl installed .Please reply

Thanks in advance

uma

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to convert XML to CSV

Apologies if this has already been covered in this site somewhere, I did try looking but without any success. I am new to the whole XML thing, very late starter, and have a requirement to convert an XML fiule to a CSV fomat. I am crrently working on a Solaris OS. Does anyone have any suggestions,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossingi_33
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV format

Can any one give the idea on this, please. I have the following XML file and wants to convert into CSV(comma separated value) format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <!DOCTYPE Waveset PUBLIC 'waveset.dtd' 'waveset.dtd'> <Waveset> <Object name='ra8736'> <Attribute name='ADDRESS'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert huge .xml file in .csv with specific column.

I have huge xml file in server and i want to convert it to .csv with specific column ... i have search in blog but i didn't get any usefully command. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file to CSV file

Hi Guys, I am new to Shell scripting and need to convert an XML files to a CSV file. My actual problem is that XML file loading is taking hours and I have decided to convert the XML structure to row based data in a CSV file. My XML file: Message846 can repeat within main loop and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qamar.shahbaz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert xml to csv ?

I am in need of converting billions of XML into csv file to load data to DB, i have found the below code in perl but not sure why it's not working properly. CODE: #!/usr/bin/perl # Script to illustrate how to parse a simple XML file # and pick out all the values for a specific element, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert CSV file to nested XML file using UNIX/PERL?

we have a CSV which i need to convert to XML using Perl or Unix shell scripting. I was able to build this XML in oracle database. However, SQL/XML query is running for long time. Hence, I'm considering to write a Perl or shell script to generate this XML file. Basically need to build this XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-a] [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -a run all tests Normally tests for optional features are skipped. With -a all tests are executed. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
* print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. * print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. * print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$mod- ule_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. * print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PERLIVP(1)