Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Books needed.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Books needed. Post 30239 by Vishnu on Friday 18th of October 2002 10:04:14 AM
Old 10-18-2002
you may want to buy..

"The UNIX Programming Environment" by Brian W. Kernighan and Rob Pike... this is a book by the OS's authors and would need some patient reading which is ultimately rewarding...

On google just type Kernighan & Pike

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

FreeBSD Books

Any good books out there that you could recommend to a noob? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignacio
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books and such!

Hi guyes and girls. I am totaly new to this, so i need some advice on books and such. What book should i read if im going to get good in Unix? And if im going to read that book, what OS do i need for my first experience? And where do i get it? Some other things you folks can post is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seyedx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL Books

Not sure if this question is for out here or not - I know very little about PERL. Most of the scripts on the system I am working on now are in PERL, I'm confused with where this fits into Unix scripting - can anyone suggest a good book or resource for learning this. I am to decipher some of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
3 Replies

4. Programming

Recommend Books

Can anybody recommend a good (& maybe cheap :D ) book for c-prg in HP-UX. I a little rusty & most of expr is in PC world. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

5. Programming

books for pro c,c++

Hi i have to work with pro c,c++ , can any body help me or that which are the best books for that,and some web address where i can get suitable information, :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilnagda
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris books

I am interested in books with good coverage of Solaris 8 or 9, maybe 10 (is 10 widely deployed in production yet) I've been doing unix admin for a while but on other platforms. I've noticed that most if not all of Solaris books in the bookstore assume you need to know the basic stuff, ksh,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etc
1 Replies

7. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

8. Programming

Books for advanced C

Simple question , what good book is next step in learning C. I finished with K&R and I want to go to the next step , so if someone has a good book please share title :D I looked for Advanced C programming by example but it is too expansive 400$ on Amazon :( So please tell me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Looking for RH4xx v6 books

Hi folks, I just passed RH401 exam, and now looking for RH423, RH436, RH442, RHS333 RHEL6 workbooks materials. Does anybody have it ? I am ready to provide compensation for that, please pm if interested. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: versd
5 Replies
define cached server(1m)												  define cached server(1m)

NAME
define cached server - Creates knowledge of a server in the local clerk's cache SYNOPSIS
cdscp define cached server name tower value ARGUMENTS
A simple name for the cached server. The protocol sequence and network address of the server node. The format is protocol-sequence:net- work-address. A protocol-sequence is a character string identifying the network protocols used to establish a relationship between a client and server. There are two choices of protocol sequence, depending on the network address that is supplied in the binding: ncacn_ip_tcp or ncadg_ip_udp. For the network-address, specify an Internet address using the common Internet address notation. For more information about this format, see the RPC introduction in the DCE Application Development Reference. DESCRIPTION
The define cached server command creates knowledge of a server in the local clerk's cache. This command is typically used to manually pro- vide configuration information to a clerk that cannot automatically configure itself. This is required, for instance, to give the clerk addressing information about a server across a WAN. Once the clerk knows about one server, it can find other servers through referrals. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the clerk. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following command creates knowledge of the server nrl in the local clerk's cache: cdscp> define cached server nrl tower ncacn_ip_tcp:16.20.15.25 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: clear cached server(1m), dump clerk cache(1m), show cached server(1m) Books: OSF DCE Application Development Reference define cached server(1m)