Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Copy and paste text from a word document into a txt file in vi Post 302389965 by goltek on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 01:40:32 PM
Old 01-26-2010
copy all word doc.
vi new_file.txt
change to insert mode (press i), insert copied text (which in the memory).
It should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy/Paste text as commands in AIX

Hello, I'm absolutely new to this world... but I've a problem with a terminal connected via PuTTY (or Termlite) to an AIX 5.1 application. The problem: I need to paste from clipboard a text containing both input text strings and special keys as ESC, Arrows and so on, to execute in the AIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniele11
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt - Word Document or Formatted text as a Message

Hi, I am writing a mailing script by using mutt command. I that i have facing a issues. because, i want to send Some Formatted text as the mail message. but, i try to send the Word Document file as the Mail message. it shows some junk characters in the mail. :confused:I think the mutt command is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsenkumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paste a word in the third field position of a file

Hi All, I have a file like this, 0.0.0.1 /account 327706,Data Cleansing,,,CRM error,100,0 The above line is a comma separted data file. I want to modify the third field to The final data file should be like 0.0.0.1 /account 327706,Data Cleansing,,,CRM error,100,0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and Paste to a new document

Hello, I am quite new to shell scripting so don't know all the tools available. What I'm trying to do is open a file optimal.txt search for objectiveValue and copy the number in quotes next to it. e.g. ... solutionName="incumbent" solutionIndex="-1" objectiveValue="13246" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: StephanR
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of unix file to Word document

Hello, I have a unix file about 3000lines which i want to copy from and paste it into a Word document. If i cat the file and try to scroll through it then not everything is captured so i am getting and incomplete paste. Any help is really appreciated. jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and Paste Columns in a Tab-Limited Text file

I have this text file with a very large number of columns (10,000+) and I want to move the first column to the position of the six column so that the text file looks like this: Before cutting and pasting ID Family Mother Father Trait Phenotype aaa bbb ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a file opened in UNIX to word or txt?

Hi I would like to know how to copy a file opened in unix editor like Nedit or vi editor to a word document Since I am newbie I want to make sure I am not really copying onto real subdirectories I tried to right click and copy the entire .sql file or any other file opened.. Nedit doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste text inside a xml file

I have a really big XML file. I need copy the value of one tag inside another one tag. I try to publish one example. <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel> <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy and paste text in file from one position to another

Hi I have a text file with lines beginning with 71303, 71403, 71602, I need to copy the 10 digit text at position 30 on lines beginning with 71303 (5500011446) to position 99 on every line beginning with 71602 (see example below), There may be many 71303 lines but I need the text copying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
2 Replies
QStrList(3qt)															     QStrList(3qt)

NAME
QStrList - Doubly-linked list of char* SYNOPSIS
#include <qstrlist.h> Inherits QPtrList<char>. Inherited by QStrIList. Public Members QStrList ( bool deepCopies = TRUE ) QStrList ( const QStrList & list ) ~QStrList () QStrList & operator= ( const QStrList & list ) DESCRIPTION
The QStrList class provides a doubly-linked list of char*. If you want a string list of QStrings use QStringList. This class is a QPtrList<char> instance (a list of char*). QStrList can make deep or shallow copies of the strings that are inserted. A deep copy means that memory is allocated for the string and then the string data is copied into that memory. A shallow copy is just a copy of the pointer value and not of the string data itself. The disadvantage of shallow copies is that because a pointer can be deleted only once, the program must put all strings in a central place and know when it is safe to delete them (i.e. when the strings are no longer referenced by other parts of the program). This can make the program more complex. The advantage of shallow copies is that they consume far less memory than deep copies. It is also much faster to copy a pointer (typically 4 or 8 bytes) than to copy string data. A QStrList that operates on deep copies will, by default, turn on auto-deletion (see setAutoDelete()). Thus, by default QStrList will deallocate any string copies it allocates. The virtual compareItems() function is reimplemented and does a case-sensitive string comparison. The inSort() function will insert strings in sorted order. In general it is fastest to insert the strings as they come and sort() at the end; inSort() is useful when you just have to add a few extra strings to an already sorted list. The QStrListIterator class is an iterator for QStrList. See also Collection Classes, Text Related Classes, and Non-GUI Classes. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QStrList::QStrList ( bool deepCopies = TRUE ) Constructs an empty list of strings. Will make deep copies of all inserted strings if deepCopies is TRUE, or use shallow copies if deepCopies is FALSE. QStrList::QStrList ( const QStrList & list ) Constructs a copy of list. If list has deep copies, this list will also get deep copies. Only the pointers are copied (shallow copy) if the other list does not use deep copies. QStrList::~QStrList () Destroys the list. All strings are removed. QStrList &; QStrList::operator= ( const QStrList & list ) Assigns list to this list and returns a reference to this list. If list has deep copies, this list will also get deep copies. Only the pointers are copied (shallow copy) if the other list does not use deep copies. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qstrlist.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qstrlist.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QStrList(3qt)