Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weird script behaviour !
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Weird script behaviour ! Post 302389943 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 12:31:30 PM
Old 01-26-2010
I would have used -lt instead of ==, so that if it somehow skipped past it would still break the loop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird script

I need a script to do the following and have no idea how to do it...can someone help? I need to start Sql*Plus, load a query, say "unmatched.sql", run the query, then load unmatched.sc and run it, then print the output file that unmatched.sc created... any help greatly appreciated. Duckman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duckman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird sudo behaviour

Hi gurus. I implemented sudo and have the following in my sudo config file *************** # User alias specification User_Alias VENDOR = user1 # User privilege specification VENDOR ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/, /sbin/, /usr/local/bin/, \ !/bin/su,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geomonap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with my weird script!

So I have this script titled "testing.sh" #!/bin/ksh #PROGRAM INITIALIZATION HomeDir=/home/sap/gl/ftp server=testftp01 userid=ftp_uatollmsgbus password="f&p53715" MSGLOG=${HomeDir}/msglog.txt FTPLogTmp=${HomeDir}/testing.tmp FTPLogFile=${HomeDir}/testing.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdyzsa
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour from script in crontab

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, my search skills may be lacking somewhat today. I have a script that does the following (as a test): find . -name "*.txt" -exec file {} \; >>$sFullFilePath Now, the variable is set up up correctly in the script too. When I run the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PilotGoose
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird sed behaviour in script

I've written a small script to replace certain words in all the the files in a directory. #!/bin/sh #Get list of files to be edited file_list=`ls -p` for i in $file_list do echo "Processing $i" alteredi=`echo "$i" | sed -e 's/\//d/'` if then if then #actual altering (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peetrus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script strange behaviour

Hi people, I'm having some strange behaviour with an 'expect' script. spawn csession blah expect "Username: " send "userblah\r" expect "Password: " send "passwordblah\r" interact When I execute the script as root it runs perfectly. However, when executed as any other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarciasMuffin
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: "weird" regex behaviour

I have these two files in current dir: oos.txt oos_(copy).txt I execute this find command:find . -regex './oos*.txt'And this outputs only the first file (oos.txt)! :confused: Only if I add another asterisk to the find find . -regex './oos*.*txt' do I also get the second file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: courteous
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Weird rm behaviour

I am little bit confused by the behaviour of rm in Ubuntu. It seems that as a regular user I can delete files owned by another user even when the permissions are set to 644. Here is an example: cjohnson@carbon:~/test$ sudo touch testfile cjohnson@carbon:~/test$ ls -al total 8 drwxr-xr-x... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird redirection behaviour

Linux. Bash 4.2.10. Let's say that i want the stderr of a command redirected to one file (err), and both stdout and stderr redirected to another file (outanderr). Easy. Many ways to do it. But may times the file outanderr will be messed up (with the output and the error mixed toghether). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Script behaviour with Grep

Here is my script LOGDATE=`date '+%Y-%m-%d %k:%M' | cut -c1-15` echo $LOGDATE echo "grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log >10min_log" grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log>10min_log grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.logHere is the output of the script -rw-r--r-- 1 wluser wluser 0 May 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies