Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Number lines of file and assign variable to each number Post 302389914 by glev2005 on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 11:25:59 AM
Old 01-26-2010
Number lines of file and assign variable to each number

I have a file with a list of config files numbered on the lefthand side 1-300. I need to have bash read each lines number and assign it to a variable so it can be chosen by the user called by the script later.

Ex. 1 some data
2 something else
3 more stuff

which number do you want?

then the user would input the number, and that line would be stored as a variable to be gotten later. But I have many lines to this file so I want bash to just grab a variable from each number on the left hand column.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join in a single line variable number of lines

Hi all, I have a file with little blocks beginning with a number 761XXXXXX, and 0, 1, 2 or 3 lines below of it beginning with STUS as follow: 761625820 STUS ACTIVE 16778294 STUS NOT ACTIVE 761157389 STUS ACTIVE 16778294 761554921 STUS ACTIVE 16778294 STUS NOT ACTIVE STUS ACTIVE OP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of lines that start with the number

I have a file with contents similar to this. abcd 1234 4567 7666 jdjdjd 89289 9382 92 jksdj 9823 298 I want to write a shell script which count the number of lines that start with the number (disregard the lines starting with alphabets) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get letter from number and assign to a variable

Hi to all in forum, I'm trying to convert the letter number between 1 (A) and 26 (Z), that part is working, my issue is how to assign the printf output to a variable:LetterNumber=10 printf "\x$(printf %x $((${LetterNumber}+64)))" $ J #The problem, how to assign printf output (J in this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replaces lines with a variable number

Helo, I have a kml file with 39.000 lines. Need search text and add a sequential number before text. Original file <Placemark> <name>POI</name> <styleUrl>#waypoint</styleUrl> <Point> <coordinates>2.104510,41.341900</coordinates> </Point> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saba01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a shell variable to a NUMBER parameter in pl/sql?

I have the below script running for generating file from PL/SQL stored procedure. I need to declare a shell variable and then pass this to sqlplus command to pass the same as a INPUT parameter for the stored procedure. Please help to do this. #!/bin/sh minlimit=0 maxlimit=10 size=100 while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a variable to a text file after fixed number of lines

Hi, I am new to unix. I need to insert a variable which contains some lines of text into a text file after fixed number of lines.. Please help me on this.. Thanks in Advance, Amrutha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign a variable to number of lines in a file

Hello Gurus, Here is my requirement. I need to find the number of lines in a file and need to assign it to a variable. This is what I did and not wroking. #!/bin/ksh set -xv Src_Path=/mac/dev/Generic/SrcFiles Src_Count=wc -l ${Src_Path}/FILE_JUNE.txt Count_file = $Src_Count | awk -F... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines for number greater than given number

Hello, I am newbie to bash scripting. Could someone help me with the following. I have log file with output as shown below **************************LOG************************* 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Pinging xx.xx.xx.xx with 32 bytes of data: 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meena_2013
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign large number of blanks to a variable

I want to assign large number of blanks to a variable in Korn shell. If it is a small number it is fine like if I want to assign 3 blanks I would code var=" " But if it is a big number say 100 blanks, what is a better way? Ultimately I will use it in printf statement printf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign number of records to a variable

How does one assign a variable, x to equal the number of records in a different file. I have a simple command such as below: awk -F "\t" '(NR>5) { if(($x == "0/0")) { print $0} }' a.txt > a1.txt but I want x to equal the number of records in a different file, b.txt (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
10 Replies
MPSCNNLocalContrastNormalizationGradientNode(3) 	 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework	   MPSCNNLocalContrastNormalizationGradientNode(3)

NAME
MPSCNNLocalContrastNormalizationGradientNode SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSNNGraphNodes.h> Inherits MPSNNGradientFilterNode. Instance Methods (nonnull instancetype) - initWithSourceGradient:sourceImage:gradientState:kernelWidth:kernelHeight: Class Methods (nonnull instancetype) + nodeWithSourceGradient:sourceImage:gradientState:kernelWidth:kernelHeight: Properties float alpha float beta float delta float p0 float pm float ps NSUInteger kernelWidth NSUInteger kernelHeight Method Documentation - (nonnull instancetype) initWithSourceGradient: (MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceGradient(MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceImage(MPSNNGradientStateNode *__nonnull) gradientState(NSUInteger) kernelWidth(NSUInteger) kernelHeight + (nonnull instancetype) nodeWithSourceGradient: (MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceGradient(MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceImage(MPSNNGradientStateNode *__nonnull) gradientState(NSUInteger) kernelWidth(NSUInteger) kernelHeight Property Documentation - alpha [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The value of alpha. Default is 0.0 The default value 0.0 is not recommended and is preserved for backwards compatibility. With alpha 0, it performs a local mean subtraction. The MPSCNNLocalContrastNormalizationNode used with the MPSNNGraph uses 1.0 as a default. - beta [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The value of beta. Default is 0.5 - delta [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The value of delta. Default is 1/1024 - (NSUInteger) kernelHeight [read], [nonatomic], [assign] - (NSUInteger) kernelWidth [read], [nonatomic], [assign] - p0 [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The value of p0. Default is 1.0 - pm [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The value of pm. Default is 0.0 - ps [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The value of ps. Default is 1.0 Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSCNNLocalContrastNormalizationGradientNode(3)