Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris pkgadd - already installed files, impact? Post 302389868 by incredible on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 09:09:20 AM
Old 01-26-2010
output please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

impact printer problem

We are trying to setup an impact printer - Tally t2030 on our unix server digital unix 4.0D. It skips half the first page of every print both from our application and the unix level. It starts the 2nd half of the page at the top of the 2nd physical paper in the printer. The printer uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have a SGI Impact 10,000 what should i do with it?

I have one of these machines i just aquired. http://www.sgi.com/products/legacy/p...go2_indigo.pdf What should i do with it id love to configure a OS on it but im a noob to unix. I want to be able to configure the OS then be able to ssh (think thats what iots called) into it and learn how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenomXt
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to mount a Files System where RHEL is installed on a Sun server Machine..

Hi Everyone, I have a machine where RHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux) is installed and few of our products are saved on the same. Our products work only on sparc 6 + and i want to basically asve the products on the machine which has RHEL installed on it and mount the drive on the sun server and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Impact of zero link count files in proc

Greetings I want to confirm about HUGE and old files with linkcount 0 in proc file system. what is their impact on size of root File system? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_os
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Stale lock installed for pkgadd

Any package that I try to install, is giving an error of 'lock': # pkgadd -d openssl-1.0.0g-sol10-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCossl openssl (sparc) 1.0.0g Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
2 Replies

7. AIX

OS change Impact

Hi, Does OS change affect the applications installed in AIX. I am new to UNIX and would like to know how OS change heppens. My specific issue: My machine is currently running with AIX 6 OS with lot of applications running. Requirement is to upgrade the OS to AIX 7.1, without affecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradebban
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to create an rpm from installed files?

i would like to package up an rpm from pre-installed files, say i have a program called "widget" installed under "/opt/widget" /opt/widget/bin/* /opt/widget/lib/* /opt/widget/etc/* /opt/widget/log/* and i want to create an rpm from those already installed files, what would the spec file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melixir
2 Replies

9. AIX

/var/spool/mail/<username> files' content wipeout impact

Hi Guys!!! ->I am using AIX 6.1. One of the file system full which is /var filesystem. ->/var total size is 5.00 GB. ->And inside the /var file system spool/mail folde is taking around 2.9 GB. ->There 3 big size of file as shown below, which shows that these files are taking more size.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.42.9 December 2013 LOGSAVE(8)