Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Check if user logged into remote machine via C++ / Java Post 302389858 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 08:05:17 AM
Old 01-26-2010
Are you asking if the account running your code has another process that made a remote connection? And the connection is still active? ssh, telnet, what type of connection?

The language you code in for things like this is usually not the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Need Script to check whether user exists in the remote machine

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. Can someone let me know, how to check whether the user exists in the remote system? I am building a new unix box and before I proceed installing the appliation , I want to check whether the required users are created in the system . how to do this ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Srini75
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for a file on a remote machine

Hi, Can someone tell me how to check if a file exists on a remote machine using rexec command?I'm using ksh. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

currenlty logged in user on remote computer

Hello everyone Does anyone know, if there is a command that tells you who is logged in on remote host? I'm ssh-ing as root to the remote host and then run whoami but that doesn't tells me who is logged in that particular computer instead shows my remote login. Is there a way to do that?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
2 Replies

4. Programming

Ping remote UNIX machine from a java application

Hi Friends, Can some one please guide me on how to make a script run on a remote UNIX machine from a java application. Or may if you can just tell me how do u ping to the remote UNIX machine using java code. Been looking for the solution since 5-6 hrs, didn't got any where near :( Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjay MD
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for file existence on remote machine using sftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to shell script.Can any one please help me on the below requirement I need to check whether the file (called 3Com_Files_Delivered.txt) exists on the remote mechaine or not? if so i need to copy all the files from there to my local mechaine.Especially i am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasimha123
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file exists on remote machine.

I am haveing one script haveing one issue with this could any one can reply soon it is very urgent. :p if ssh hcp_ftp@$1 'ls '$2/stop.txt' 1>&2 2>/dev/null'; then exit 1; else scp -p hcp_ftp@$1:$2/VAT*.dat $3 <<EOF EOF cd $3 pwd echo 'About to find file' SOURCE_FILE=$(ls -rt VAT*.dat|tail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marpadga18
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell to check user is logged on

I was given this to do, Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at which the script should check. If a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: operator
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl script in remote machine from java application?

Hi I am working in a java application. I need to execute a perl script(linux) which is in remote machine in java application from local machine(windows). I need to do this process automatically that is without manual intereption. Now I will explain the process clearly, at present to run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bassma
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to confirm an user logged in is a remote user?

How do I confirm if a user logged in, is remote or local? In the case if the user is remote, how to be sure what authentication/method is it using, like LDAP, NIS or other? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies
rwho(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   rwho(1)

NAME
rwho - show who is logged in on local machines SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
produces output similar to the output of the HP-UX command for all machines on the local network that are running the daemon (see who(1) and rwhod(1M)). If has not received a report from a machine for 11 minutes, assumes the machine is down and does not report users last known to be logged into that machine. output line has fields for the name of the user, the name of the machine, the user's terminal line, the time the user logged in, and the amount of time the user has been idle. Idle time is shown as: If a user has not typed to the system for a minute or more, reports this as idle time. If a user has not typed to the system for an hour or more, the user is omitted from output unless the flag is given. An example output line from would look similar to: This output line could be interpreted as is logged into and his terminal line is has been logged on since September 12 at 13:28 (1:28 p.m.). has not typed anything into for 11 minutes. WARNINGS
output becomes unwieldy when the number of users for each machine on the local network running becomes large. One line of output occurs for each user on each machine on the local network that is running AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
Information about other machines. SEE ALSO
ruptime(1), rusers(1), rwhod(1M). rwho(1)