Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: convert file to ascii
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert file to ascii Post 302389809 by nalakaatslt on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 02:23:50 AM
Old 01-26-2010
convert file to ascii

I have a file in below format(ISO ) and to be convert to readable (.txt/Ascii) format .send me the commands/code please
sample as follows

2043010101167157001190002010011120000000002144300000000000000000000 01022_ - %rE@
U...ug  47 56   d %rE@ 01022_ - $5
fy  1%14 6 %
$5 01022_ - %g-
jv  5&5. 6 "  %g- 01022_ -  %h8`

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert ASCII to BINARY

Here is what I did . . . . I FTP'd several *.pdf files from a web site to a UNIX server, and did not set the transfer mode to BIN, now Adobe thinks that the documents are corrupted. Is there a way to convert the *.pdf files to Binary so that Adobe can open them again. I would just re-download... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like ..ݡ.ݡ ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert English text file to ASCII File?

file abc abc: English text I want to convert the above into file abc file: ascii text (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert ebcdic file to ascii file?

How to convert ebcdic file to ascii file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert ebcdic file to ascii file?

How to convert ebcdic file to ascii file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to convert EBCDIC file to ASCII file

Hello all, To give you all a little bit of background. We recently migrated from HP-UX to Redhat Linux and one of the command I used to run on HP-UX to convert an EBCDIC file to ASCII file isn't working on Linux. The code is as follow: cat workout2.dat | dd cbs=250 conv=block conv=ascii... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTF-8 file to ASCII/ISO8859-1 OR replace characters

I am trying to develop a script which will work on a source UTF-8 file and perform one or more of the following It will accept the target encoding as an argument e.g. US-ASCII or ISO-8859-1, etc 1. It should replace all occurrences of characters outside target character set by " " (space) or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemkiran.s
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert EBCDIC(.DAT) FILE into ASCII FILE

Hi Team, I am having 100 EBCDIC files (i.e. DAT extension) and need to convert them into ASCII File by unix shell script. I tried with DD Command but its not providing output as expected. Sample Text: ------------------ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Expected Output:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSM
2 Replies
CONVERTQUOTA(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   CONVERTQUOTA(8)

NAME
convertquota - convert quota from old file format to new one SYNOPSIS
convertquota [ -ug ] -e filesystem convertquota [ -ug ] -f oldformat,newformat filesystem DESCRIPTION
convertquota converts old quota files quota.user and quota.group to files aquota.user and aquota.group in new format currently used by 2.4.0-ac? and newer or by SuSE or Red Hat Linux 2.4 kernels on filesystem. New file format allows using quotas for 32-bit uids / gids, setting quotas for root, accounting used space in bytes (and so allowing use of quotas in ReiserFS) and it is also architecture independent. This format introduces Radix Tree (a simple form of tree structure) to quota file. OPTIONS
-u, --user convert user quota file. This is the default. -g, --group convert group quota file. -f, --convert-format oldformat,newformat convert quota file from oldformat to newformat. -e, --convert-endian convert vfsv0 file format from big endian to little endian (old kernels had a bug and did not store quota files in little endian format). -V, --version print version information. FILES
aquota.user new user quota file aquota.group new group quota file SEE ALSO
quota(1), setquota(8), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8) AUTHOR
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz> 4th Berkeley Distribution Fri Aug 20 1999 CONVERTQUOTA(8)