Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris df command on Sol8 machine doesn't return a result Post 302389722 by dperry1973 on Monday 25th of January 2010 04:20:02 PM
Old 01-25-2010
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          10 May 23  2007 /usr/bin/df -> ../sbin/df
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     bin        16124 Jan  5  2000 /usr/lib/fs/ufs/df
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     bin        23924 Jan  8  2000 /usr/sbin/df
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin          624 Jan  5  2000 /usr/ucb/df
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     bin        23980 Jan  8  2000 /usr/xpg4/bin/df

Looks right. However only /usr/lib/fs/ufs/df returns any results (just the ufs mounted filesystems).

I'm concerned about filesystem corruption. I occasionally see files that exists but really are not there. I get occasional file I/O errors.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 01-25-2010 at 05:35 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick up the return code for every iteration and display the result only once in loop.

Hi All, I amlearning UNIX scripting. I have a small query. I would be thankful if any one helps me out. I have a below piece of code which delets the files. If file dosent have the permissions to delete a particular file I have used 2>>operator to track the error code. But my objective is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas6
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to grep a string in directories and return the result with diskusage aswell?

What Im basically trying to do is this: I have a small script that can grep any parameter entered into a search string, then print to the screen the name of each file the parameter appears in as well as the file path, ie the directory. The code Im using just for this is.... Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eddeh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backing out of a script if command doesn't return any results?

Hello I have a script which emails identifies the user ID of a user and sends them an email. A user can enter part of the name of the person he/wants to send the email to. Then I use the ypcat command to identify the UID of that person. The problem I'm having, is building in an error trap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for string and return binary result?

Hi, I have a problem that I am sure someone will know the answer to. Currently I have a script which returns a binary output if it finds a certain search string (in this case relating to a DRBD cluster) as follows: searchstring="cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate" && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: almightybunghol
3 Replies

6. Solaris

uname doesn't return T5220 when it should

When I use the command uname -a I get the following SunOS SMSSC11 5.10 Generic_142909-17 sun4v sparc sun4v and not (from another system) SunOS SMSSC1 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T5220 Although this system is a T5220 as can be confirmed with prtconf snipit below System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lankyG
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result of Catching Return Value from Sub_script.sh to Main_script.sh is not as Expected

Main_script.sh #! /bin/sh ./Sub_script.sh rc=$? echo "Return code from Sub_script.sh : $rc" if ; then echo "$rc = 991" echo "" exit 1 elif ; then echo "$rc = 992" echo "" exit 1 elif ; then echo "$rc = 0" echo "" exit 1 fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong result return from script

Hi Gurus, I need a script to compare two files: sample file like below: list: cde,file4 cde,file5 def,file6 def,file7 def,file8 abc,file1 abc,file2 abc,file3 acd,file9 acd,file10 tmp file1 file2 file3 file4 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
12 Replies

9. HP-UX

Find command doesn't return in shell script.

Hi All, I am using below snippet to search for a string (read from a file 'searchstring.out') in all locations (/) and then iterate over the files found to write the locations and the respective owner to an output file. However, this doesn't work as I believe the find command doesn't exit's... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl doesn't return csv file

Hi every body, I'm getting a trouble with my script , it's supposed to return a csv file . /usr/bin/curl -LS -D- -X GET -H "Authorization:Basic $password" -H 'Content-Type: text/csv' -L -o $OUTPUT_FILENAME $url; But I get an empty file with : {"ErrorCode":1001,"ErrorMessage":"Incorrect login... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)